Hotel close to Universal

DisneyDiva2006

Mouseketeer
We are headed down to Disney in June we have 2 nights booked at RPR and 7 nights at POP. We have decided to head down one day early to get 3 full days at Universal....so we need a hotel close to Universal. Any recommendations? I've read about DoubleTree but some of the reviews on Trip Adviser make me nervous about staying here.:confused3

TIA

Try the Four Points Sheraton. It's about half a mile from the parking garage. You just turn right out of the hotel then turn right at the light and the parking garage is down the street a few tenths of a mile on the right.

The Hyatt Place Universal is right behind the Doubletree Suites and is very nice. We've gotten it on Priceline for $35/nt. and been very pleased.

Wow! That's exactly where we want to stay next month! Can you give me any tips on how to get it on priceline? I thought with priceline you don't get to choose the hotel or do you? If I could get it for under 100 I would be thrilled!

I checked betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com and saw that Hyatt Place was coming up on Priceline for the approximate timeframe we were going 2 years ago. So I placed a bid and we got it. I don't know if it's come up recently, as we stayed at Windsor Hills last year and we're staying at Disney this year, but you can check betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com to see what's been coming up. Of course there are no guarantees, and I knew that going in.

The rate in June directly through Hyatt is $99/night.

Thanks for the advice! I wish I could get it for 99 in March! I will keep checking but right now it's at 157 night. I will try betterbidding.com

Don't be afraid of the DoubleTree. I stayed there just over a year ago and it was perfectly fine. We only used it as a home base for 3 nights because we could easily walk to Universal from the hotel (we didn't have a car). We didn't use the pool or eat at any of their restaurants (if there were any ...).

So if you're looking for just a bed and a shower, it's just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter