• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel at port for family of 8...

keam

Earning My Ears
Hi. I was hoping to get some suggestions for a hotel at Port Canaveral. DH and I are sailing Thanksgiving week with 6 kids (15, 12, 10, 6, 4, 1). We are driving in the day before and need a nice hotel that would offer connecting rooms. I know that many of the hotels are "suites." Do they have connecting rooms available?

Thanks,
Kristi

Try the Country Inn and Suites. We're booked in a "kids suite" room with room for 4 kids -- I can't remember if there was a connecting door or not. It's a newer hotel with tons of rooms, so I'm sure something would work. Plus, it has a great breakfast buffet.

Which T'giving cruise are you on? We're doing the 3-night Wonder, Sun-Wed. before turkey day. We've got a great group on the meet board.

Marriott Residence Inn is also very nice.....very near port and the rooms were great (suites) and I am pretty sure they had some connecting rooms.

They also had a complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the morning. We are staying there again this October before our cruise.

FYI, No matter which hotel you book, I'd book it ASAP. I booked Country Inn & Suites a few months ago, for our cruise and found I'd put it off too long. Last i heard prices for my weekend were 200.00. And from when I went searching for hotels I doubt that its out of line with others. The only 1 really chepaer at the time was the Raddisson, but the cancellation policy had a fee. CI&S does not unless you cancel day of I believe.

SO if your cruise is this coming Thanksgiving. Get booked TODAY.

FYI, No matter which hotel you book, I'd book it ASAP. I booked Country Inn & Suites a few months ago, for our cruise and found I'd put it off too long. Last i heard prices for my weekend were 200.00. And from when I went searching for hotels I doubt that its out of line with others. The only 1 really chepaer at the time was the Raddisson, but the cancellation policy had a fee. CI&S does not unless you cancel day of I believe.

SO if your cruise is this coming Thanksgiving. Get booked TODAY.

Hate to say we booked the Marriott Residence Inn over 18 months ago and got a rate of $105 per night for a 1 bedroom suite. So your advice above is right on the money!!!

Hate to say we booked the Marriott Residence Inn over 18 months ago and got a rate of $105 per night for a 1 bedroom suite. So your advice above is right on the money!!!

We are paying $139 at CI&S. I waited till i was sure I wouldn't have to put off the cruise and then 1 more week to see if I could get in on Allen's rate. Price went up $10 in a week.

If I had it to do over. I would have booked at 12 months out which is as far as you can book at that CI&S i believe and canceled if I'd had to. Had it booked for the cruise we needed to push back and cancelled it but it was too early to rebook. Now I know better. But Dh is happy with price so I am too.

Do any of these hotels have a shuttle to the port? Or do you have to catch a cab?

CI&S has its own shuttle. I believe a couple of other hotels do too. There is also a local shuttle that services a bunch of the hotels down there as well.

Thanks for the replies. We are doing the 7 night western the week of Thanksgiving. I'm going to call Country Inn & Suites and the others listed. Obviously, we're a little late to the party, so to speak. :snail: Oh well, I guess we'll pay what we pay as long as we get the rooms we need at this point. After paying for 3 cabins (one for my sister and her family, too), what's two hotel rooms for one night? All I have to say is ... these memories BETTER be priceless because they're going to cost me an arm and two legs!! ;)

Thanks,
Kristi

I'm glad you asked the question because we are also cruising the week of Thanksgiving and I did not make any hotel reservations. I even read through the FAQ sticky towards the top of the board with all of the hotel info listed and still did not call!

Well thanks for the reminder, I made the call today and can check this off my list as complete! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter