Hotel at Port Canaveral

FYI - It's not like other La Quinta. More like a Comfort Inn... But as I said before, fine to sleep... Have fun!

I just switched to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Titusville. I was unaware the Fairfield Inn offered the 40% coupon and the La Quinta has slipped from 8th to 11th on Trip Advisor since I did my research last summer. AAA rates were just $97 a night. Thanks,

Martin

We are staying at the Motel 6 on A1A and using the Radisson at the Port parking. We decided since we are only going to be there for one night why pay for a high price room. We are paying about 50.00 for the room (one night) and 42.00 to park for a 7 day cruise instead of paying 120.00 at the Port.

Sarah

Do you like the Radisson? We are cruising next month on Carnival and are staying there before we go. It looks very nice, I am just always concerned because the pictures always make it look wonderful. Thanks for any help.

We have stayed at the Radisson for six of our cruises, and we love it! We splurge and get a two-room whirlpool suite, just because our daughters like the tub.
We get there early on Friday so we can swim all day; we love the pool. And, the grounds do look like the pictures; it is absolutely gorgeous. The morning breakfast buffet isn't too crowded, and it has pretty decent food.
The shuttle can be a little hectic, just because there are so many people, but it's organized pretty well. We always get their earliest shuttle & get to the terminal first thing.
We've never had a problem leaving our van in their parking lot either.
We have started staying there the night after the cruise too, just to relax a little more.
It is the place for us to stay, we won't stay anywhere else even if they are cheaper (it is part of our cruise routine now), and we recommend it highly. We already have reservations there for our cruise in May. Hope this helps!

Booked the La Quinta on N Atlantic today with my hotels.com free night! :D Yay! We will only be there for less than 14 hours so I'm very happy. Now to find a great deal on a rental from MCO! Plan to rent the whole time and park at the port with the 40% off coupon plus we gotta hit up ABC Liquor store on the way to the port in the morning! It's all coming together. We leave in a week!

Do you like the Radisson? We are cruising next month on Carnival and are staying there before we go. It looks very nice, I am just always concerned because the pictures always make it look wonderful. Thanks for any help.

Yes, we have always liked it and had no problems.

It has a nice pool and restaurant. We usually eat dinner there after we get in.

There are a variety of rooms also. I think we booked a junior suite last time and was quite happy with it.

Another plus: it has a shuttle to the port. They periodically have cruise packages that may include the shuttle - check their website for the latest info.

We also like it because it is very close to the Budget car rental office. In the past, DH has driven over, dropped off the car, and walked back to the hotel (about 2 blocks), and we've taken the hotel shuttle to the port.

(By the way, Budget also has a shuttle. Last time, we all rode over to the Budget office and took that shuttle instead of the hotel's.)

What hotels (if any) offer a shuttle service to the port?

Radisson also has one.

What is a good price to pay for one night? I am considering the Best Western because we plan to park at the port.

I'm seeing $125 for our night before the cruise.

What is a good price to pay for one night? I am considering the Best Western because we plan to park at the port.

I'm seeing $125 for our night before the cruise.

That seems high to me... The rate I got at Best Western was $89 with taxes. But I was looking at January, so maybe it's a seasonal thing. When are you cruising? I can't see tickers in the DISboards app.

I would also look at the Days Inn.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

I'm cruising in October. They have an $89 rate but I need the room with 2 queens and a sofa bed since I have three kids.

We just stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in February. (We always stay there). We called the hotel directly and got a Kids Suite room (we are a family of 5) and kept our van in their lot for $122. Great deal. Then they shuttle you to the Disney Terminal in the morning and back to the hotel when you get off the ship. Never a complaint about CI&S. We have stayed there for every Disney Cruise and will continue to do so. You can leave your vehicle with confidence. Not a problem. (Plus, the cost to leave your vehicle is $20 versus $15/day at the port)
Walmart and such is in close driving distance so you can pick up some last minute things or just to pass some time in the evening. Lots of restaurants around too for the night before the cruise.
CI&S have a nice breakfast and it is exciting to eat breakfast with other cruisers who are also excited for their vacation.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We're doing a one-way rental from MCO to the port the night before our cruise. Have a few hours to burn that night so trying to decide between staying close to the port, or on the beach. We're renting with Budget so staying at the Radisson and just taking the car back first then shuttle over sounds like that might be a good choice.

For those of you that have left your car at the hotel and took a shuttle to the Port, how long did you have to wait for the shuttle upon return?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for sharing the info! We are also a family of 5 and have been looking for a place to stay prior to our cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are looking for a hotel with a fun pool, or close to the beach. I think we will rent a car at the airport and return it at the port, or at the hotel if the rental place is close.
Which do you recommend? We don't want to spend too much, but clean and comfy beds are important....

We are looking for a hotel with a fun pool, or close to the beach. I think we will rent a car at the airport and return it at the port, or at the hotel if the rental place is close.
Which do you recommend? We don't want to spend too much, but clean and comfy beds are important....

The Radisson has a pretty nice pool but we hated the beds. They claim they are sleep number but it felt more like an air mattress and every time DH would roll over or move, I would bounce. We loved our stay at the DoubleTree in Cocoa Beach. It is directly on the beach and very a very short drive to the port. The beds were great and it has a nice pool area also.

Just returned yesterday. We stayed at the Country Suites on Saturday night. It was great. Very clean, breakfast was wonderful and the schuttle worked great. We will be staying there again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter