Hoping to see fastpass come back!

As much as I enjoyed FP+ once I learned how to use it well, I really didn't miss it that much for our April trip. Most lines were under 35 minutes. You got to see the real queue and the line kept moving. When there was FP+, the standby line moved very slowly due to them taking more from the FP+ line than standby if there were many in the FP+ line.

As much as I enjoyed FP+ once I learned how to use it well, I really didn't miss it that much for our April trip. Most lines were under 35 minutes. You got to see the real queue and the line kept moving. When there was FP+, the standby line moved very slowly due to them taking more from the FP+ line than standby if there were many in the FP+ line.

You're comparing lower crowd levels for the COVID restrictions to previous (pre-covid) standby lines. Of course they moved faster. There are studies made by frequent park members that show that FP+ had a very negligible effect on the standby lines. You did not wait more than normal before covid.

Issue was that as soon as they opened the gates they opened the parking lot from what we saw and what I read elsewhere. So you only got a singular ride in. If they held the offsite back for the full 30 mins (maybe a touch more since gates will likely still open early for onsite) then you likely would get in 2/3 rides in before the offsite make it to the rides.

So while gates at HS would open at 45 mins prior that is exactly when they would open up the parking lots meaning by 30 mins prior you already have offsite in the park.

Additionally by stating "you will not get in at park opening" you also give a different mindset to offsite guests. Right now they expect to be able to get in and "rope drop" so they get to the parking lot 1hr-1:30 early.
30 minutes early opening, if enforced, will be the greatest thing after the invention of FP+. That extra 30 minutes will allow to ride a couple headliners and then move to other attractions before offsite guests will enter. So when offsite people will queue for mine train and Peter Pan, we'll be at the mountains. When the mountains will fill in we'll be at pirates, jungle cruise, hunted mansion or Space mountains and so on.
That the same rope drop strategy that can be used now, but it requires to arrive an hour earlier to be among the first 2-300 to queue for the headliner. Hopefully the extra time won't require to arrive to much earlier than the start of the extra 30 minutes.

As a single traveler, FP+ is exceptional, refreshing I've been able to book many additional rides after the initial 3. Never waited for anything more than 15 minutes.

I would love to see fastpass return to what it was in 2019, but I have a bad feeling that they will charge for it like Universal. I also think it will be included with premium resorts like at Universal. As far as DVC goes I bet blue card members get it for free and white card members don’t.

I wonder if Disney would ever offer a program to allow white card members to upgrade to blue card members for a price…

I would love to see fastpass return to what it was in 2019, but I have a bad feeling that they will charge for it like Universal. I also think it will be included with premium resorts like at Universal. As far as DVC goes I bet blue card members get it for free and white card members don’t.

I wonder if Disney would ever offer a program to allow white card members to upgrade to blue card members for a price…
They do, its called buying 150 points direct... lol

They do, its called buying 150 points direct... lol
Naw.. I mean what if they allowed people to upgrade to full membership for like 25$ a point or something like that? I don’t think everyone would do it but I bet a lot of people would… especially if something like fastpass was on the table.

I also wonder if fast pass was included for blue card members and not white… if it would be included for white card members who already had membership prior to the program… because it really only does Disney good to incentivize new sales.

Disney has doubled the minimum point requiment in the past few years. They really need something to insensitive direct points. It almost seems like direct points are more geared towards people who live closer to Florida and can travel their easy.

For me who lives in the west all the points conversion stuff is a waste, flying there isn’t fast or cheap so I’ll only go one a year… so the annual pass and special after hours events would never get used… there’s basically no point in someone like me buying direct.

I think that if Disney starts charging for fast pass, witch I don’t support but a lot of people speculate that they will. They could also leverage that to get people to buy direct at their high point minimum. I don’t want them to do this but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m barely in the process of buying a resale contract… but with the idea of paying 100$ a day for a fastpass I’m already thinking of selling it after a few years. I just hope that if deluxe resorts get a free fast pass that also includes all DVC members and not just blue card holders.

Naw.. I mean what if they allowed people to upgrade to full membership for like 25$ a point or something like that? I don’t think everyone would do it but I bet a lot of people would… especially if something like fastpass was on the table.

The only way I could see something like that happening would be if they have a minimum of 250 points. or more, and all points on that membership number would need to be upgraded. Remember, the original direct buy in was 230 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!