Hoop Dee doo Question

Knelson85

Counting down the days until our Disney Wedding!!
Hello everyone,

I am hoping somebody will be able to help me out with this. Are there 2 seater tables at hoop-dee-do? I have made reservations for two people awhile ago, but after looking at many pictures posted on dis, I do not see any small tables. I am just concerned that we will be sat with other people, not that I do not mind meeting new people, but I am not comfortable sharing food with strangers.
If anyone has an answer I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

You won't get seated with strangers. DH & I went a few times before kids and never sat with anyone else. Our table may have had room for others, but they were never seated with us.

Yes, there are at least 2, two-seater tables in Category 1. We had one of them last month. These special tables flank both sides of the stage, and one of them is right by the musicians: a piano player and a banjo player (where we were seated). The view is a bit at an angle during a few parts of the show, but for the privacy while eating and the proximity to the performers, who often interacted with us during the show as we were seated right by the stairs, it just cannot be beat!

My fiance was chosen to be the "Indian Brave" during the 9:00pm show. He was thrilled and did a great job with all of his lines. The bus to Pop Century even gave him extra cheers and clapped for him on our way home; I heard a few say, "OUR bus is safe, the Indian Brave is with us!" :lmao:

Heads up. If you ordered Category 1 and when you pick up your tickets you're table 13...you're going to be front and center right up against the stage. DH and I have been seated there more than once...you will get picked on! :laughing:

Thanks everyone!

We are in Cat 2, so hopefully we will not get picked on. I wouldn't mind, but my bf would probably die :rotfl:

We are also a party of two and were going to try for Cat. 1 as we heard that Cat 2 is more likely to be seated with another small party.
What do you mean "picked on?"
Mmm.. maybe Cat 2 would be better for shy people??

The first time we went is was just dh and I. We were sat on the first level at a 2 top. Iy was in the middle top the side. It was a pretty good view.

We are also a party of two and were going to try for Cat. 1 as we heard that Cat 2 is more likely to be seated with another small party.
What do you mean "picked on?"
Mmm.. maybe Cat 2 would be better for shy people??

We've never been seated with another party. I'm pretty sure that the tables are specifically set for your party and size. Not really "picked on" persay, but kind of involved with the show. The cast goes ALL around the room and upstairs, so there's no hiding lol. They may ask you where you're from, etc. When we were in the front, they scolded DH checking out Claire's legs when she was swinging her skirt around. :rotfl: I'm a very shy person, but I love the HDDR!

I would agree with the previous poster that you are more "involved with the show" with the performers than "picked on," especially if you buy seats in Category 1. Category 2 is not terrible though; the audience back there seemed to be having a great time because the performers often left the stage to perform in the center of the room (between Category 1 & 2).

We feel that HDDR is very different from other restaurants like 50sPT or WCC where the waiters "pick on" you. This was much more entertaining, friendly and "safe" for shy people. Plus, the performers stop the show while you are eating! It's nice to be left alone for a little while, and then between courses they will come back and start it back up again -- impeccable timing! The HDDR performers speak to you to gain information about you, usually with the intention to share it with the audience in stories or by creating new songs; they made more of an effort to celebrate guests instead of making a public fool of them. Does that make sense?

The performers are wonderful singers; the young man could easily play Gaston in the B&TB show, and the ladies were just adorable -- I wish I could take them all home with us! We enjoyed their comedic, vaudeville style. I would say the waiters at Hoop De Doo Revue were also some of the kindest and best that we met during our entire stay.

We enjoyed celebrating our engagement at HDDR, and we would definitely return in a couple of years, perhaps when we get married, :)

(A few men will receive laughs if they are caught staring at the female actresses' legs during the show and so forth. Remember, these are not animatronic performers... Anyway, the CMs have a pretty good sense about who to call out about that, in terms of who will take that sort of attention better than others.)

At Hoop-De-Doo, it feels like everyone in the room is one big family for a night. If the actors do speak to you during the show, the extra attention from the entire roomful of guests in the theatre is different from having a private table at a restaurant. If anyone in your party is asked to join the actors on stage, it makes for an extra special night. I'm not sure if you know this, but they even have a photographer on hand to give the lucky stage extras a special photograph package of them performing on stage. I captured my fiance's "Indian Brave" performance on our camcorder thanks to our waitress and Flora's whispered advice that I "will want it on tape" ;) , and it was a neat surprise to receive the gift of an 8x10 picture of him in the act.

PrincessMonkey

If you are on the second floor you will sit at the same table as others but you won't have to share your food. The tables are long and you are only seated on one side so there is no one across from you. The two of us sat next to 4 other people but we only shared the food between the two of us. You don't even share the water pitcher with the other party.

Ooohh... well I guess I'll be brave and go for Cat 1 and pray I don't turn tomato red if the actors call on us!
This will be our first Hoop Dee doo!

DH and I were front and center-I really mean center this past Tuesday at HDDR. We had table 13, the center table up against the stage for just the two of us and it was a blast. The performers did refer to us, point us out, make comments, wink, etc., but found others to talk to, flirt with, etc also. It was fun. The performers do not pick on anyone, but do involve people in the show. You don't have to talk or anything. The most anyone is involved is at the end when they pick 4 people to go up on stage and be part of the show. Pretty simple stuff. My DH got "caught" looking at the girls' legs. The lead guy was pretty easy on the eyes too. They acknowledge couples celebrating something and on Tuesday, since it was Veteran's day they had all Vets stand up. DH is a navy reservist so he stood also. It was pretty cool.

BTW, take mosquito repellant. The only bites I got our whole trip was in Belize on our cruise and in Fort Wilderness waiting for HDDR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter