Hoop Dee Doo & free DDP and cc charged??

I Run Long

DIS Veteran
I alway keep track of my credit card charges and monitor them online on a daily basis - don't want to be charged for something I didn't do. Anyway, I noticed yesterday that I have a charge from WDW dining reservation which is equal to 5 adults and 1 child for Hoop Dee Doo. Now I got the free DDP for while we're there - so my question is why have they charged by credit card?? :confused3 I have a TA doing all the booking but I just want to make sure it isn't something unusual before I get on the phone with her in my angry voice. Will they just credit my card?

We did HDDR last year and have it set for this year while under the DDP. My credit card did not get charged at all. I would get with TA about this or call WDW direct and get his squared away.

Just speculating, but sometimes merchants need to temporarily pre-authorize your card for a certain amount without actually charging it, and these pre-authorizations show up online as charges (because your available credit is being temporarily reduced) but won't ultimately show up on your monthly statement as charges. An example is when you swipe your card at the gas pump before pumping - if you happened to check your account online at that time you might see a pre-authorization for, say, $50 or $75 but you ultimately will only be charged for the exact amount you do purchase. The pre-auth is obviously to check to make sure you have the credit to make the purchase. It may be that because HDDR is one of those meals that will be charged to your credit card if you don't show up for your ADR or cancel within the allotted cancellation period (48 hours in advance, I think), regardless of whether you are on the DDP or not, Disney may have pre-auth'd your card for the amount of your party's meals and you may have happened to check online while this pre-auth was in effect. Anyway, it won't hurt anything to call and see if this is the case or if your card was actually (and erroneously) charged.

We didn't use a TA. When I booked, I simply said, "use out TS meal points". They never asked for our cc.

When we reserved HDDR we had to reserve with a credit card, even if we were going to use credits (we ended up paying OOP so we could upgrade seating anyways). I think there are a few things you have to have held with a CC to make sure you come. I would call to make sure though.

I'd call.

If you booked Tier 1 then you must pay OOP for it because as another poster pointed out the DDP only covers Tiers 2 and 3.

Otherwise, you need to leave a credit card number but your card should not be charged when using the DDP. I just booked Mickey's BBQ last night and it works the same way.

I have had CMs in the past who were confused about how this worked, you may have unfortunately gotten one like that.

Thanks fellow DISers! I got a hold of my TA and she told me that no they weren't to charge against my cc. She booked Tier 2 with my dining plan credits. She said that sometimes they have a new CM that is a little too quick off the mark. So, I now have a credit back on my cc. That's new for me - it usually the other way around! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter