Hoop Dee Do Review...review?

7/24soccer

Earning My Ears
We have kids 13, 11, & 7 and are visiting the world for the first time in July.

Is Hoop Dee Doo worth doing? For 2 TS points?

Any input is helpful..

Thanks in advance...

From what others have said and I have read...it IS worth going, but better to pay OOP for tier one and save those credits for a nice 2TS meal. That is what we are doing in August! Hope that helps!

Pay for the Hoopty Doo and get the best seats available. Use the extra sit down credit at Brown Derby or another 2 credit place. The show is great! Come early to make sure you get there (it is an adventure) and to look around at the grounds.

WE like it, although some might make a case that we're pathetically unsophisticated for laughing.

The food - ribs, fried chicken, etc., is most certainly NOT haute cusine, but HDDR isn't about the food. It's filling, and their ribs have improved over the years, but it ain't my mamma's fried chicken. It's a better than decent meal, and, as a friend says about a local Mexican buffet, "It's not very good, but you can have all you want!"

The show - we haven't been since Thanksgiving of last year, and I'm not sure how this came to be, maybe we were just tired - but so help me, we laughed until our jaws ached. It is pure corn, but it's Disney-quality corn, and as such comes with a generous recommendation from me.

I guess having our then 17 year old DD chosen to participate in the notorious "can-can" sequence is what made it way cool for us, too. Here's Amy, in the pink (these are vidcaps, so the quality might be a tad off):

7.jpg

8.jpg

Lots of audience participation, lots of laughs, lots of food. What's not to like?

I think paying OOP is not a bad idea, or if you can get the "math" to work, do 1/2 out of pocket and half on credits.

Hoop Dee Doo is a great time for a family. We start every trip with HDDR on our first night. I agree with the prior posters to pay OOP. My suggestion is to use your 2TS credits and take the kids to California Grill. Try to make your ressie so you are there to view Wishes during dinner. HDDR and California Grill will make for a pixiedust: truly magical and memorable vacation for your family!

Happy planning,
:wave: Mrs. Disney Ron

We went to Hoop Dee Doo in Jan. for the first time. We loved it . We didn't pay for the more expensive tier. We were sat up on the balcony and I thought it was still great. We loved the cornbread and strawberry shortcake!!

You should absolutely see Hoop De Do...it's been running for a zillion years for a reason! The food is all you can eat picnic fare (fried chicken, salad, strawberry shortcake, ribs, corn) and tasty enough. The entertainment is hilariously cheesey and guaranteed to make anyone laugh! There is quite a bit of audience participation for all (even if you aren't singled out to get up onstage). And for the adults in your party - the show and meal come with unlimited beer, wine and sangria. The sangria is mighty tasty too! After the show - the Wilderness Campgrounds offers hayrides for a nominal charge. Definitely worth doing...

We go every year to HDDR. We are going to pay OOP this year to get the better tables. You can't beat sitting up close, if you can manage it. Also, it really is a better use of your DDP credits, IMO.

The best part of Hoop Dee Doo for me? The sangria is simply delish, and all you can drink. :goodvibes

(Maybe that's why I love the jokes so much!!! :rotfl2: )

Thanks for asking this - I'm really considering doing Hoop De Doo now - it sounds like fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter