Hoop De Doo? Yes or No? I can't decide!

Should we go to Hoop De Doo?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

blue_eyes5212

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of going to Hoop de Doo but can't decide if we should or not. On the dining plan it will be 2 table service credits, right? My DH says it is up to me but I am not sure if we would like it or not. We are very down to earth and are not picky eaters. What do you think? I would love your opinion!!

Sure. Go. Post a report when you return.

Definatley Do it!! It is so fun,the food is good, barbecue ribs, corn on the cob, chicken and strawberry shortcake, so good. And the entertainment is great.

I was hesitant about going too, as it was only going to be my 5 yr old and myself, plus it was 2 TS credits. But we had such a great time, my son was dancing out of his seat and then was able to play along with the washboard. It was a great evening and I would recommend for sure!!! :thumbsup2

I would go. You never know unless you go. My kids had a great time. The strawberry shortcake is very yummy.

We just got back and spent our first night at the HDDR. We loved it! The food was good and the entertainment hilarious. If you are a jovial sort, go! Also, keep in mind unlimited quantities of table wines and some beers are included in the price. Can't beat that if you like a lil' moonshine with your HDDR!

blue_eyes5212 said:
I'm thinking of going to Hoop de Doo but can't decide if we should or not. On the dining plan it will be 2 table service credits, right? My DH says it is up to me but I am not sure if we would like it or not. We are very down to earth and are not picky eaters. What do you think? I would love your opinion!!
Although I voted yes, I wouldn't rely on this poll to decide if you should go to HDD. A lot depends on you. Is it just you and your husband? Children? Ages?

In terms of food value - the meal is good. Not great, but certainly good. The entertainment is near-great. Better than just good. You'll no doubt come out of there singing.

Having said that, I return to my initial point - I do know people who wouldn't enjoy this experience. So, be sure you know what you are going to experience before you decide. Try reading the reviews and menu on allearsnet.com too

I have been to the HDDR many times and have enjoyed both the meal and the show.
I would suggest that you must see this at least once, so why not on your upcoming trip.
I personally would not use the 4TS credits (2TS per person), but would payout of pocket for this experience.
The TS credits would get you a couple of good meals, that would cost you more (if you were paying OOP) than the cost of the HDDR.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

if you've never done it, try it, and then, when you get back to your hotel that night, kick yourself for wasting a night of DISNEY time at a silly rodeo-themed meal.. i was a kid when we went and good-gosh!! i was soo bored. food:decent. dancing, typical- sorry guys- but i was boreddd!! :(

I voted yes, do go! It's a great time, corney humor but great fun. My kids are older and they loved it!

We went three trips ago and I did not think that I would like it either. After we went I was right. I thought that the whole thing was hokey and although the food was OK, I would have rather been to something a little more "Disney" with characters. My wife and Kids enjoyed it but I don't think we will pay for that again.

Think KFC and Hee Haw..."Hey grandpa, whats for supper?"

go cowboys said:
We went three trips ago and I did not think that I would like it either. After we went I was right. I thought that the whole thing was hokey and although the food was OK, I would have rather been to something a little more "Disney" with characters. My wife and Kids enjoyed it but I don't think we will pay for that again.

Think KFC and Hee Haw..."Hey grandpa, whats for supper?"

Me and this guy are new best friends, I fewel bad when I'm the only negative in the thread comments- It's a good try for a show, but I just wasn't feeling the Disney Magic that I was used to in WDW- If you never done it, of course try it..........I guess.........But personally, I wouldn't.. (I'm 20- too young?? :confused3 )

Absolutely! Just got back and thought it was great! Eased the guilt of keeping my kids (7 and 10) up until nearly midnight to attend the 9:30 by how much they loved it. Even DH, who is pretty shy and hates to be the center of attention, got a kick out of it. We were at table 53 which was the "spotlight" table and even with that, he enjoyed it! Definitely worth doing at least once!

We're going to HDDR for the 1st time in Aug. I think it's one of those things you have to do at least once! Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Don't miss it, its down to earth, great food, and wonderful fun for everyone. I would say pay out of the pocket and save your service points for other meals.

We just came back on 4/30 and we did the Hoop Dee Doo. I loved it!!!!!
The food was good if your expectation is for Fried Chicken and Ribs. Certainly not gourmet, but I did not expect gourmet.
When we were seated (party of 5, 3 adults, 2 children) we were at Table 14 - Front Row right at the stage, next to the piano player - great table) there were 3 loaves of warm bread and honey butter on the Table. Our CM was quick to take drink orders and they arrived promptly.
The salad was very good, we all enjoyed it.
The bucket of Chicken and ribs arrived shortly thereafter. The ribs were meaty and tender --good!! The chicken was a bit dry, but still okay.
The corn on the cob arrived butter, the small ears.
We felt the show was a hoot!!!! :cool1: We all loved it and we loved the audience participation, waving your napkins and washboard music.
We payed OOP and saved the TS credits to use at Jiko's our last night (I would also recommend this, it was a great meal).
We will go to the HDDR again.
Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter