Hoop De Doo ?s....

Would a two or three year old like the show?
My girls were just shy of 3 when we took them in October. Although they were intrigued, they were terrifiend whenever the performers came into the audience. We knew they would be terrified of the normal characters, but hadn't considered HDDR would scare them. That said, when they performers were on the stage they loved it. When they came into the audience, they just sat on someone's lap until they left. The show is loud and rambunctious enough to keep even the youngest kids entertained.
The experience didn't deter me from booking it again for this year, when I will be alone with just my scaredy cat daughters.:cutie::cutie:

Will they interact with the people in Category 2 or 3 seating? The reason I ask is that we like to observe from the sidelines rather than be part of the show. Yes, we are fuddy-duds.

They interact with everyone. I think you can let your server know that you want to be left alone.

To others reading and wondering which category to book, my favorite is 3. I like the unobstructed view from the balcony. But, if your show isn't filled to capacity, they'll move you down.

A question for anyone who has been recently. I've seen a couple of posts that the buses now take you back to MK rather than to your resort after HDDR. Was that just a trial or is it still ongoing? We'll be going in Nov. Now, we're staying at SOG so the bus after always took us to the Poly and we just walked back, so even if it goes to MK, we can get over either via the monorail or boat since we walk from the TTC or Poly, but I'm just curious about it. I've been searching for those threads I saw a couple of weeks ago that mentioned it, but I cannot find them anymore.

question for anyone who has been recently. I've seen a couple of posts that the buses now take you back to MK rather than to your resort after HDDR. Was that just a trial or is it still ongoing?
Unfortunately yes, as of our visit last month; and may I say, what a total buzz kill that is.

I'll write this again because it sums up how "expectations" are so different from the actual meal. Our then thirteen year old son. Said he would ABSOLUTELY HATE! Hoop Dee Do. Thirteen year old male having to come back from the parks, put on decent clothes, get over to Fort Wilderness and sing along. He grumped all the way back to our resort, over to Magic Kingdom, on the boat to Fort Wilderness, sitting on the porch waiting for the doors to open. He even grumped when we were led to our nice table about three rows back from the stage. He grungingly gave his drink order of "Coke" with a sneer and then literally slouched down and folded his arms to wait for the "stupidity".

Halfway through the show, he was laughing and smiling and having a great time. Towards the end, he pulled the washboard from my hands and said since I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, I had to use the tambourine and threw that to me (it almost hit the guy at the next table!). When we walked out, he admitted it was one of the best things he had seen in his young life BUT, we couldn't say anything else about it. Once back at the resort and in a rainstorm to get to the room (which he usually hated), HE started singing "hoop dee do, hoop dee do" and actually danced a bit.

Thirteen year old male.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter