Hoop De Doo Review With Wheelchair

disneykeim

Mouseketeer
So my dad was paralyzed a couple years back. He has a rather large power wheel chair. He can not transfer due to many things.... we would have to carry around his transfer board and that alone would be nuts. There is not much room to transfer in most Disney restaurants. We have been to Disney with him before. We went to the Hoop De Doo Review because it is one of our favorites. However we were seated at one of the very front tables by the stage. I feel like they told us it was where handicap assessable was. Is this true? I dont want to spend money on category 1 to be placed there regardless? are all areas wheel chair accessible? even getting up to the balcony level?

There are category 2 tables on the main level. When making your ADR, do it by phone and have a note added that one guest will be in a wheelchair.

I feel like they told us it was where handicap assessable was. Is this true? I dont want to spend money on category 1 to be placed there regardless? are all areas wheel chair accessible? even getting up to the balcony level?

1) All areas have tables accessible for wheelchairs.
. . . tables #044 and #045 are specifically meant for handicap access
2) In many, he will have to remove the wheelchair arms to get under the tabletop.
3) There is no access to the balcony for wheelchairs or ECV's (no elevators, etc).
4) Make sure your tell the ressie person on the phone there is a wheelchair/ECV. *

* I frequently make the seating chart/assignments for HDDR, and knowing there is a chair/ECV is important.

Rusty do wheelchairs/ECVs still enter thru Trails End? just thought I would mention in case that is still true. so they could be prepared. know I panicked the first time when I did not know to go thru Trails End

Rusty do wheelchairs/ECVs still enter thru Trails End? just thought I would mention in case that is still true. so they could be prepared. know I panicked the first time when I did not know to go thru Trails End

1) Yes.
2) The ramp is at the restaurant.
3) HDDR and TE use the same entry-door ramp.

Thanks Rusty, knew you would know. CM sent us there but did not mention that it was Trails End and you went in there. took a CM from TE to get me in as I knew that was not where I was going. a bad couple of minutes but it sure seemed longer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter