Hoop de doo - disabled seating and DDP?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Organising next year's trip and my parents are really keen on going to Hoop de doo again. Last time we paid OOP and booked category 1 as my mum has very limited vision but this time we gave the regular DP.
My question is this; is it worth paying OOP for cat 1, would cat 2 be fine (I've never done cat2 so don't know what it's like) or is it even worth taking a gamble on some Disney magic and seeing if a kind CM puts us nearer the front (cat 1 or 2 )...
We were so fortunate last time to be sat 2 tables away from the stage and I really want my mum to enjoy it, but paying OOP when we already have the DDP is a consideration when this holiday is already very expensive.....
Help!

Hi everyone! Organising next year's trip and my parents are really keen on going to Hoop de doo again. Last time we paid OOP and booked category 1 as my mum has very limited vision but this time we gave the regular DP.
My question is this; is it worth paying OOP for cat 1, would cat 2 be fine (I've never done cat2 so don't know what it's like) or is it even worth taking a gamble on some Disney magic and seeing if a kind CM puts us nearer the front (cat 1 or 2 )...
We were so fortunate last time to be sat 2 tables away from the stage and I really want my mum to enjoy it, but paying OOP when we already have the DDP is a consideration when this holiday is already very expensive.....
Help!
not sure if still true but late show you used to be able to use DDP and get cat 1 seating. has been a few years but we were able to do this last trip

Last edited:
I booked HDDR for a trip last year in Cat 1 and we were seated at a table at the very front of the stage. I asked a cast member later and they said that they assign the table as the reservation comes in. The early you make it, the closer to front you will be in your category. Not sure how cat 3 is handled.

Going this year in August, and went last year. I was,able to book category 1 seating both times using dining plan for 8:30 only show. The early you book, the closer the table. I booked it first at 180 days out. Last year we were at table 5, right in front of center stage and front row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter