Honeymoon Registry?

WittyAmb

Mouseketeer
Okay ladies... so here's what's up.

I look around our apartment and I say to myself "self... what exactly is it that we need?" and the answer is nothing. There are a few wants, sure, but needs... none. We live in NYC and space is pretty limited SO we've been considering doing a honeymoon registry. I don't know much about them or the different types though I think, at least given our circumstance, it's ideal and way more practical. I definitely don't want to rent a storage space for wedding gifts.

Do any of you have any experience with setting up a honeymoon registry or know much about that? These boards have already been SO helpful... I figured it was worth a shot asking! :-)

Hope you're all having a fantastic day! :goofy:

If you're honeymooning at Disney, there is one run by Honeymoon Wishes and branded as Disney's Honeymoon Registry that give you money you can use toward your honeymoon. However, it charges up to 10% of each gift amount in fees (7% that you choose whether you pay or guests pay, plus 3% if guests use a credit card), and all it's doing is giving you a check or a direct deposit, not, like, Disney dollars, so it's probably better to set up a honeymoon registry through a service with lower fees.

By contrast, eHoneymoon Registry (http://www.ehoneymoonregistry.com) charges couples a 3% transaction fee and guests a 4.9% credit card transaction fee. Traveler’s Joy (http://www.travelersjoy.com) charges couples 7.5% and guests nothing. Wanderable (http://www.wanderable.com/pages/honeymoon_registry) charges no transaction fees, but to make credit card purchases, guests use PayPal (3% fee).

:thumbsup2

Thank you!!! I'll definitely look into those. I've read a lot about honeyfund too.

I have to say that I read reviews from other boards, weddingwire and the knot. The girls are SOOO much nicer on here than they are there. Especially the knot. You wouldn't believe how mean they are to the girls who put postings up about honeymoon registries. I feel so lucky to be apart of such a supportive community of brides.

~Cristina :goofy:

Are you honeymooning at Disney?

We are and I don't like the fees of these sites so we registered at Target and only put on Disney Gift Cards. This way we can use them for whatever we want and there's no extra fees! :)

Ooh! That is a really good idea! I usually don't recommend Target for a regular wedding registry because their return policies for registry items are so crummy, but that's genius! Let us know how it turns out. :goodvibes

What a great idea!

We're actually not gonna honeymoon at Disney... we're thinking about going to Hawaii... seems relaxing enough. :beach:

Oh I LOVE Hawaii!! We would've done that but were getting married on the Disney Dream and that would be way too much flying.

Would you stay at Aulani?

lol! Actually I hadn't even considered it. I'll look at reviews but my fear would maybe be since it's a Disney hotel that there'd be more kids than other places. Not sure though... we have to research it for sure! :-D

I'm not in the honeymoon planning stages (yet!). But we have been to a ton of weddings plus we just moved out of a closet in Long beach NY, so
I feel your pain:).

We had one bridal/wedding registry that was for their honeymoon. It was part of their wedding website. It said out you gave $100- it was a plane ticket. $200 it was a dinner at the resort or whatever.

I personally liked it. I'm sure some people prefer to give cash. I think some 'old school' guests might not know how to handle such a registry but I'm sure they would figure something out.

Congrats!

lol! Actually I hadn't even considered it. I'll look at reviews but my fear would maybe be since it's a Disney hotel that there'd be more kids than other places. Not sure though... we have to research it for sure! :-D

We just did a vow renewal at Aulani, and I'd say the number of kids there was not overwhelming. Granted, the resort was only 65% full, but I never felt like the ones who were there were underfoot or anything. We still managed to have a very romantic time! :goodvibes

I'll definitely look into Aulani then. Would be extra nice if they gave discounts to people who get married at WDW :-D

We would be going in January when kids are back in school. I teach college so we don't start our semester until the end of the month and our wedding is on the 5th. So I guess it wouldn't be too crazy any way.

Thanks for you all your help! :goofy:

Hi there.. It is being very nice to read your post. I have also created a honeymoon registry with ourwishingwell.com for my wedding and very excited for it. I think having your own personalized registry is a great fun. :cool1:

We are spending half of our honeymoon in Disney World and the other half in Key West. I originally wanted to go to Hawaii too, but I'm getting married in Florida and I figured we might as well stay in the area since I hate flying! We are getting married at a Hyatt, and they have given us a few free nights towards our honeymoon as a promotion. So all we really have to pay for is Disney and food, woohoo! :)

On our wedding website, we have a link to the Disney website where people can buy us gift cards (I didn't like the 7% charge that the Disney honeymoon website had). We also have a link to the Hyatt, which allowed us to make a registry page as well. So there are choices such as "Romantic candlelight dinner", "poolside cocktails", and "breakfast in bed" that our guests can purchase. It's nice because we can be specific with our thank you cards, not just "thanks for the scratch!" :) Good luck and congrats!

We're using honeyfund and registering for limited number of items at Macy's and Target. That way the people who really don't want to give cash have another option, but we're making it known that we really prefer the honeyfund since we gave most of our household items!

These are all such great ideas, thanks! We've been looking at doing a honeymoon registry too, just couldn't decide how to do it... I wasn't wild about the fees, but I love the idea of gift cards!

We have a disneymoon registry through the disneywishes site. Our budget is sooooooo small (and stretched) that if we didn't we couldn't afford a honeymoon! So we have that registry so we aren't just saying "Just give us money" (etiquette thing) BUT when people ask me if they have to use the site or can just give us cash or a check for the bridal shower and such, I explain how it would be less expensive for them to do that rather than use the site. But that the site is there to give them an idea of what we are saving for/hoping to do on our honeymoon.

Seems to work so far - no one has put money on our registry account and I don't really care if they do, especially with the charges, and I'll probably get money and checks and the Bridal shower. But I don't mind - HELLO HONEYMOON!!! :)

I set up a honeymoon registry on wanderable.com

I have mentioned it to family but it is not live yet. Like i haven't linked my bank account or put our last names (so people could find it). I am not 100% finished with it. If you want to take a look here it is:

www.wanderable.com/ambrfs2014

I originally just wanted a honeymoon registry and a small registry at macys for china and luggage. Then i felt bad because everything I picked at Macys was uber expensive, so i then went to kohls and registered there too. Now I have added so much stuff I doubt anyone will contribute to the honeymoon site. LOL (It's hard to control yourself when they give you that little scan gun)

I am going to keep the honeymoon registry and link it to my account before my engagement party. I am not going to put the registries on the engagement party invites. It is for immediate family and bridal party so they can just ask my parents if they wanted to give a gift. i don't expect gifts for the engagement party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter