Honeymoon Cruise

Callie91

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm a new member. My husband and I will be sailing on the Disney Dream in October for our honeymoon. I really need to let Disney know that we are celebrating our honeymoon so they can prepare for it. I read they need at least three weeks in advance. How do I let them know? I don't remember being asked what occasion we are celebrating when we signed up for the cruise? Thanks!

You can can enter in special requests under your cruise reservation I believe. Is there something that DCL does for honeymoon cruises?

Ok thanks. I'm new to the cruises. This will be our first cruise. My brother in law and sister took the same cruise for their honeymoon and I'm pretty sure they said to let Disney know that it's a honeymoon and they will arrange your room and dinner times for adults.

Hi! I'm a new member. My husband and I will be sailing on the Disney Dream in October for our honeymoon. I really need to let Disney know that we are celebrating our honeymoon so they can prepare for it. I read they need at least three weeks in advance. How do I let them know? I don't remember being asked what occasion we are celebrating when we signed up for the cruise? Thanks!

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, have the agent contact DCL with this information. Otherwise, add it to your cruise profile.

What exactly is it that you are thinking DCL does for this? Your cabin steward may or may not decorate your stateroom one evening. You may or may not receive celebration buttons announcing your marriage. You may or may not receive something in your stateroom, it just depends upon your stateroom host/hostess.

:welcome: and Congratulations!party:

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, have the agent contact DCL with this information. Otherwise, add it to your cruise profile.

What exactly is it that you are thinking DCL does for this? Your cabin steward may or may not decorate your stateroom one evening. You may or may not receive celebration buttons announcing your marriage. You may or may not receive something in your stateroom, it just depends upon your stateroom host/hostess.

:welcome: and Congratulations!party:

Or you can purchase the Romance for 2 package and it can be waiting in your cabin when you get there.

I'm not sure what the OP meant be "arrange your room" - you select your cabin when you're booking it. It's not like they're going to bump someone else out of their pre-reserved cabin just for you (unless you're Karl Holz's daughter or something, then they might). And if you want adult dining (Palo or Remy) you make those reservations on your own unless you're doing Concierge - then you just tell shoreside that you want them and when and shoreside gets them for you.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

I think the biggest "honeymoon" surprises on DCL are for couples having their wedding on DCL (and spending big $$$ to do so). I'm sure you'll get some pixie dust as long as it's noted, and it can make the cruise feel special -- you can always request buttons at Guest Services if they aren't offered.

Please don't take this wrong...I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment. Sometimes there are some bits of pixie dust for those celebrating a special occasion. But I don't know what info you received about needing 3 weeks notice as there really isn't anything for DCL to "prepare for" in that regard. Yes, you can have the reservation noted as celebrating your honeymoon -- you do that by calling the reservations line and giving them your reservation number. Or you can stop by Guest Services onboard and have it noted. But I don't want you to get all set-up for disappointment. There are lots of people celebrating on the ship each cruise -- weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. If there is something you really want to make it special, book it, order it, plan to make it happen.

Enjoy your honeymoon cruise!

Ok. Thanks! No, I meant I think they decorate the room or give you honeymoon pins etc. certainly not give us a different room lol. That's what my brother in law and sister said they do. They took the same honeymoon cruise.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

I think the biggest "honeymoon" surprises on DCL are for couples having their wedding on DCL (and spending big $$$ to do so). I'm sure you'll get some pixie dust as long as it's noted, and it can make the cruise feel special -- you can always request buttons at Guest Services if they aren't offered.

Please don't take this wrong...I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment. Sometimes there are some bits of pixie dust for those celebrating a special occasion. But I don't know what info you received about needing 3 weeks notice as there really isn't anything for DCL to "prepare for" in that regard. Yes, you can have the reservation noted as celebrating your honeymoon -- you do that by calling the reservations line and giving them your reservation number. Or you can stop by Guest Services onboard and have it noted. But I don't want you to get all set-up for disappointment. There are lots of people celebrating on the ship each cruise -- weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. If there is something you really want to make it special, book it, order it, plan to make it happen.

Enjoy your honeymoon cruise!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]ok thanks. That makes sense. This is my first cruise and I'm not really familiar with anything yet lol.

Ok. Thanks! No, I meant I think they decorate the room or give you honeymoon pins etc. certainly not give us a different room lol. That's what my brother in law and sister said they do. They took the same honeymoon cruise.

You'll most likely get "swans" made out of towel on your bed.

I recommend Remy (or at least Palo) for a nice celebration. We've done Remy on the night we renewed our vows --privately, just the two of us on our balcony-- and it was magical.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. My dh and I did our honeymoon on a cruise on the Magic 16 yrs ago. We're going on the Wonder for our anniversary this year. Like another poster said, the only kind of decoration you MIGHT get is a swan made from a towel. Otherwise you can order decorations, flowers, food/drink packages from the Disney site. They don't really have any kind of honeymoon decorations though. If you do order anything it will be in your cabin when you arrive. A lot of people like to decorate their doors with personalized magnets that they make/buy, check out Etsy for ideas.

Our first Disney cruise was for our honeymoon (15 years ago this month!). We were seated with 4 or 5 other honeymooning couples for dinner. We all received small cakes one night at dinner.
We booked our own reservation at Palo. And my husband's parents ordered a chocolate/wine package to be delivered to our room.
I think we also got "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

DH and I have celebrated our anniversary the last 3 years on the Fantasy. The cruise line asked if we had any celebrations. We told them and they asked what day we wanted to celebrate. And I even called back and changed the days we celebrated after I told them. The cruise line staff are extremely helpful. I never hesitate to call and ask questions.

For our 24th anniversary we received chocolate covered strawberries. We asked our room steward who sent them and he said he didn't know. Disney sometimes did that. :D Just a little Pixies Dust:tinker: Other than that - we got special desert at dinner one night.

For our 25th, both of our parents has stuff sent to the room. We walked in to beer, champagne, a cheese platter and a bon voyage room decoration. We also celebrated DH's 50th so we had 2 special deserts, and also received a special chocolate covered strawberries at Palo bruch.

For 26th, nothing extra, just the dessert at dinner and Palo brunch.

Next we are hoping to celebrate 27 years and my 50th.

May you and your husband have many years of joy and happiness.

PS - be sure to pack some magnets (or pictures and signs printed on magnetic paper) to decorate the outside of your door letting everyone know it's your honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter