• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon at BWI: Upgrades?

HtomSirveaux

Mouseketeer
Oct. 1 (Sunday) - Oct 7 (Saturday), I will be staying at BWI for my honeymoon.
:bride: :groom:
We've only paid for a standard room, though I've called to notate that we (obviously) would need a King bed room.

We're planning on wearing the mouse ear top hat/veil when we get there. I don't want to get my hopes up, but what do you guys think my chances are of getting a (free) upgrade? Would it be something that can/should be asked for, or should I not mention it and hope that the CM checking us in does it on a whim? :scared:

Thanks!

I hate to rain on your parade, but that is during the Food & Wine Fest at Epcot. Every hotel in the Epcot area will be sold out and it is extremely unlikely they would even have a room available for upgrade. It's really good that you already have a room - word on the DVC boards is that lots of rooms are sold out already. Last year folks were upset that they couldn't find discounts at Swan/Dolphin. There were no discounts because they didn't need to give any - the place sold out at rack rate.

On the bright side, your honeymoon is at Disney and it's an awesome time to go. All the rooms at BWI are beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy it. The Fest is great fun!

It wouldn't hurt to ask very nicely at check-in to see if any upgrades are available. You never know; maybe you will get lucky. However, don't plan on it and then you won't be disappointed if nothing happens; it it does, all the better.

Do keep in mind that king beds are a request only; there is no guarantee you will get one. No matter what type room you get, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We stayed at BWI in December and loved it.

I just saw what mikesmom wrote and yes, F & W will make it tough for there to be any available rooms for upgrades, but again, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Hoo boy....NOW I'm worried.

I'm not sure, but since my fiancee's father works for Disney, we MAY have booked the room using his CM discount. Now I'm going to be worried about getting bumped altogether in favor of rack rate, since I know that's happened to others in the past.

This oughta be a fun 6 months...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter