Honeymoon at AKL and YC/BC... which order?

indigo

Disney Blogger!
Hello :earsboy:

We're planning to take a 7-night Honeymoon at WDW after getting married at the Grand Californian at the Disneyland Resort (more on that in later posts). We know we want to stay at the AKL for part of that vacation and at the YC or BC (we're leaning toward the YC since the concierge has just been remodeled) for the other part.

The question is in which order should we stay? 3 nts at AKL then 4 nts at YC? 4nts at AKL? We plan to use the Deluxe or Grand Honeymoon Plan and spend most of our time exploring the non-park elements of WDW (we've both been twice before) and EPCOT (which my fiance missed last trip due to illness).

Also can anyone comment on their honeymoon experiences at either of the above resorts? Any recommended rooms to stay in? Is Concierge a good deal, even if you're using the Deluxe or Grand plan?

I've read all the honeymoon messages since 7/2001 and don't think these questions have been asked or answered yet.

Thanks for all your help.

If you want to end your vacation on a relaxing note, then I would put the AKL at the end. It is such a wonderful place to just sit around and enjoy.

As to whether or not the Deluxe Magic or Grand Plan would be over-kill with a concierge stay, I can only offer my personal experience. I did the GF main building concierge and then added the Grand Plan on top of it. It was over-kill but I had a magical stay anyway. With the Grand Plan, you get personalized itinerary service. With a concierge stay, you get personalized itinerary service. As you can see, there is a bit of an overlap. If you plan on taking advantage of what a Deluxe Magic or Grand Plan vacation package offer, then definitely consider them. If you want a more laid-back vacation, then maybe a concierge room would be enough. It is up to you to decide what type of vacation experience you want, and then plan accordingly. By the way, congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Howdy,

Good suggestions thank you.

I guess the only reason we'd need Concierge is to take advantage of the snacks and stuff and any last minute changes while we're on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter