Honey, I Shrunk the Checkbook, Really final, some Feb shots, 7-27, pg82.

If I had known he was this funny I would have married him. oh, yeah....I did.. still, don't you guys think he should put this stuff in print??? the whole "you might be a disser" thing.? every time I think he can't have anything left....WOW!:confused3 :lmao: :rotfl:
so, anywhooo, I guess he has some pics and such. as Mrs. Nebo, love you all:dance3:

I am stomping my foot and saying... it's not goodbye.... it is till we meet again!!!:thumbsup2

Hear, hear! My foot is also engaging in such stomping this very minute!

As Nebo classics like "You Just Might Be a Disser" and "Woodman's: Disney Style" have shown us, a WDW trip is not necessary - I would be happy to read about Steve & Diane's next adventure to the hardware store.

I hope everything is going wonderfully in your non-DIS lives Nebo & Smidgey, and that we hear more from you soon! Who else will ride the Carousel of Progresso with me? :confused3 :laughing:

Thanks Nebo and Smidgy - will definitely be checking in on the other thread to hear about the new grandbaby, the awesome new job you will find and then the next trip to the world. :goodvibes

Tracy

OMG
My sister JoAnnPan mentioned you finished your trippy.

I've missed nebo :sad:

:flower3: Natalie

Yes you have missed me, but I hear your aim is getting better. Did you know your sister was a regular contributor on my first report? Oh yeah, I remember the name well. I think she was one of the ones that I over sarcasmed to, and she went off into the gloaming. Natalie, I missed you too.

Hear, hear! My foot is also engaging in such stomping this very minute!

As Nebo classics like "You Just Might Be a Disser" and "Woodman's: Disney Style" have shown us, a WDW trip is not necessary - I would be happy to read about Steve & Diane's next adventure to the hardware store.

I hope everything is going wonderfully in your non-DIS lives Nebo & Smidgey, and that we hear more from you soon! Who else will ride the Carousel of Progresso with me? :confused3 :laughing:

You know, I have been racking my brian for about two months now. Ok, not brian, brain, I don't even know a brian, anyway, geesh, I even watched your tv show, the whole thing!, and I'm not sure what your name was. Or probably, still is. Kelly? And I still think I prefer, when it is in a mid season down there and they don't know whether to have the heat on or the air conditioning, Casserole of Progress.

Thanks Nebo and Smidgy - will definitely be checking in on the other thread to hear about the new grandbaby, the awesome new job you will find and then the next trip to the world. :goodvibes

Tracy

Thanks little Berwyninian, I'm still hoping to set up a karaoke meeting in Algonquin sometime soon, but I"m not sure if Jaime is speaking to me. :confused:

You know, I have been racking my brian for about two months now. Ok, not brian, brain, I don't even know a brian, anyway, geesh, I even watched your tv show, the whole thing!, and I'm not sure what your name was. Or probably, still is. Kelly? And I still think I prefer, when it is in a mid season down there and they don't know whether to have the heat on or the air conditioning, Casserole of Progress.

Yes that's it, my name is still Kelly! That TV show actually called me over the weekend to consider me for a 'Where are they Now' episode...but then changed their mind when they realized I am in the exact same place I was when they shot the show a year ago :laughing:

Thanks little Berwyninian, I'm still hoping to set up a karaoke meeting in Algonquin sometime soon, but I"m not sure if Jaime is speaking to me. :confused:

Me too -I think summers can be hard to fit things in...I know our weekends have been completely out of control and will continue to be for a while. Maybe we should start trying now for Fall! :goodvibes

I love your style of writing and you had me laughing out loud every time I read. Everyone that posted here is so nice, & although I mostly lurked im really going to miss reading. :grouphug:
Im so sad its over. :sad:

Yes that's it, my name is still Kelly! That TV show actually called me over the weekend to consider me for a 'Where are they Now' episode...but then changed their mind when they realized I am in the exact same place I was when they shot the show a year ago :laughing:

Great! So you're a backslidden "what not to wearer?" That's fine, cuz we thought you looked great the way you were. are.
I got one of those "where are they now" calls too, at first I was flattered, untill they said it was for Paleontology Today. Oh yeah, they had me going at first. This young girl calls me up and says she wants to date me.
Just what is "Carbon Dating" anyway?

Me too -I think summers can be hard to fit things in...I know our weekends have been completely out of control and will continue to be for a while. Maybe we should start trying now for Fall! :goodvibes
geesh, already we are into fall. Isn't that the season Jaime spends down in Disney? Oh, speaking of the devil.....

;) Whew! Is he finally done rambling??? :lmao:

Yes he is done rambling, happy? Yes, I knew there just wasn't enough pictures of shoes for your liking, I'll try to do better if I ever get a next time.

I really do hate when a trip report ends... :guilty:

Nah, you just hate it when your own trip report ends.
I hate it when a TRIP ends.

Bravo dear Nebo and Smidgy.

Thanks Haley, enjoy the free dining this year without us. :sad2:

I love your style of writing and you had me laughing out loud every time I read. Everyone that posted here is so nice, & although I mostly lurked im really going to miss reading. :grouphug:
Im so sad its over. :sad:

And thank you Jaclyn, you are a hundred percent correct, just a great group of people have been here, and you are one of them.

Going to show some pics here tomorrow, and talk a little about the feb trip, remember that delightful room we had in Kissimmee? Yeah, that trip. goodnight.:woohoo:

Ahem, Nebo,,,, you've been talking about posting pictures for like a week now..... well?:snooty:

If you post one picture a day and tell a story about it I'll bet we could drag this out until ya'll move or the next trip.:idea:

Nooooooooooooo!!! (picture that in slow motion)

You can't be done!! there has to be somthing else you can write about.......been to the doctor lately? I can only imagine how entertaining that would be........or maybe a trip to the pharmacy?

seriously, you have kept me laughing for over a year now..........don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite trip report writer, or is that author?

How is your daughter in law doing? Isn't it getting close to time for another grandbaby?

Nebo? Smidgy? Erkel?

Somebody please check in!

Where are the pics from the Feb trip you promised and other ruminations?

Neboites need their Nebo fix, you know!

Nebo? Smidgy? Erkel?

DITTO, HOPE EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT.
Nebo & Smidgy, just wanted you to know, I really did love and enjoy your trip reports. I hope there will be more. :worship: :worship: LYMI

Nebo? Smidgy? Erkel?

Nooooooooooooo!!! (picture that in slow motion)

You can't be done!! there has to be somthing else you can write about.......been to the doctor lately? I can only imagine how entertaining that would be........or maybe a trip to the pharmacy?

seriously, you have kept me laughing for over a year now..........don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite trip report writer, or is that author?

How is your daughter in law doing? Isn't it getting close to time for another grandbaby?

Oh, no!
Found this on page 2, half way down.... and I was the last to post, did I kill it!?!

Another great Trip Report Nebo...Thanks for all the laughs.:lmao:

Yes, I am sorry. Once again I am apologizing. For the last two weeks I have been helping out a friend, and to be honest, it purt near killed me, and I'm not done yet.
Thanks to you all that have said you've missed me, believe me, I've missed all of you too! Honestly, I'm kind of lost right now, for two years I've spent just about all of my waking moments trying to think of funny or at least clever things to put in my next "installment". I've plagiarized from some of the best, Stephen Wright included as Kyle would attest to, and I swear I have heard some of my lines used on late night monologues, but maybe that's just the vikes talking to me again.

Meanwhile, concerning the feb trip pictures and thoughts, that was probably one of the strangest trips we have taken, and not necessarily in a good way.

My unemployment had run out, and all my "leads" turned out to be shooting blanks. This was an absolute Poster Child case of "middle aged crazy" rearing it's ugly face. No, we couldn't afford it, but HEY!, you can afford lots if there is still room on the Visa, right? It was like a last hurrah, one last reach for the apple, one last try for the gold medal.

Plus, I was able to justify it by doing a future house search down there, and yes, that did actually turn up exactly what we wanted. Now, if only the dang housing market would turn around, we will be on our way, thank you very much!

And I got great room rates.
At first.

5 nights at Coronado for 134 a night, a two day break in Kissimmee in Hotel Hell, (which I have already shown those lovely pictures) then 4 nights at Movies for 59 a night. Then, my weather watcher Smidgy took fear at an approaching storm hitting the midwest, and I did all I could to add two days at Movies.

Oh, they had me by the you know whats by then, and it was approaching president's day.
No rooms at Movies, period, but they could put us in Sports,,,,,,,,,,,
for 119 a night!

And then the storm was delayed, I think the blizzard was being refurbished at the time, so we even added one last night at Sports,,,,,,,,,, FOR 134 a night!!!

AND I DON"T EVEN LIKE SPORTS!
Actually, we had a great room in the home run section, over looking the pool, but then we had to switch for the last night, which seemed totally ridiculous to me for only one evening, to the touchdown section, and I'm sorry, that doesn't do a thing for me there.

But we do love Coronado Springs.
Unfortunately, the day before we left, that morning when Diane came downstairs we both looked at each other and simultaneously said, "Honey, I don't feel so good."

Yeah, we both came down with pretty severe colds, which stuck with us the whole time at CS. And you know how I am with a bad cold, I can't hear a thing.
At least I didn't have to listen to the "Marco". "Polo". chants going on by the pool. It kept sounding like "My go. Poo poo" to me. But what a room we had! I don't think there is more than a handful that equals the view, third floor, overlooking the lagoon, right next to the Casita pool. Little did we know that we would pay for it when we got to Kissimmee's America's Best Value Inn.

As far as pictures go, I had the remains of my Canon Sure Shot to shoot off, and then I had my new digital camera, which I used to drive Diane totally nuts experimenting with it. What I don't understand is that they are much brighter on the camera, then by the time I uploaded them into the puter, and then into Photo bucket, so we'll see how the nightime ones post here.

And yes, this is where I finally saw Devine, which I've already shown you, but let's get started with the last of the "film" shots, from when we got over to AS Movies.

As luck would have it, we didn't catch Pop Warner this time, instead it was a cheerleading convention at Movies. Have you noticed that I haven't complained about that at all?

We were sitting by the pool on our first day, so happy to be back in Disney after two days of purgatory in Kissimmee, when I decided to take a walk and shoot off the rest of the "film".

Low and behold, I heard all this chanting and went to check it out, over by the Mighty Ducks pool, Diane thinks I planned it. And here is a pool filled with teenagers, mostly girls, all frolicking and cavorting around. Or was it cavorting and frolicking? Well, of course I had to be friendly and say hi to them, and then I asked if they could make a pyramid.

Yes, but we've already done that drill, was the response.

Uh uh, not giving up yet, time to turn on the charm.

"Oh PLease?" (it was the best I could think of at the spur of the moment).

"No", one said, "We've already done that, and it takes a lot out of you, sir."

"Nebo", I shot in.

"Nebo?" "What's a Nebo?"
"I'm a Nebo, and I'll tell you what, if you make me a pyramid, I won't boor you with the story of how I got that name."

They couldn't start climbing on each other fast enough!

But it was kinda shaky. Here's a partial:

smallpyramid011.jpg

Then this was the best they got before I could see the house of cards was about to lose it.

fullpyramid012.jpg

They were good sports, so I left them alone. I just started walking around, funny thing, this is our second time staying here, and it is where we stayed after we got back together in 02 for 4 nights, but for some reason, we weren't into the "exploring the resort" ritual that we always do now.

Maybe it's because when we got back together, we stayed at AK for 3 nights first, and coming here for the last four was a let down, but I found myself inside of the area called "Andies room" which I had not seen before. I thought it was really clever.

buzz008.jpg

woody005.jpg

Later that night, I went back with Diane to show her this stuff that we missed our first trip, and it looks even cooler at night, but I'm easily impressed.

As far as the digital camera goes, I took over 150 pictures, and that's what was left after all the editting out, but I have only loaded a few into Photobucket. That's a major problem with the dial up, it's ten minutes or more a shot, but I have snuck in a lot of them by now in the last report. Right now I want to share some of the Casita pool photos that look just great on the camera, and Oh MY GOD, what I would give to be back there right now!

casitaspoolatnight3.jpg

casitaspoolatnight2.jpg

That is the prettiest pool at night, you just want' to walk around it and keep taking pictures.
You will think I'm nuts, but another really pretty pool to sit by at night is the computer pool at Pop, something about the lighting I guess. Or maybe the manhattans. Anyway....

casitaswalk.jpg

casitaspoolatnight.jpg

Ok, one last one of the Casita pool.

casitasatnight1.jpg

I will repeat once again, I think staying in the Casita's ranks with any of the Deluxe resorts, we even like the steaks in the Maya Grill, just don't think you will get a cheap meal at the food court. CS also has a great hot tub, plenty big.

One of the best things about CS is something that turns a lot of folks off, and that is that it's a convention resort. Really, let me 'splain.

Even if the resort is booked form conventions, they all have itineraries that have to be held to, and if their families join them and they add a day or two on their own, they have to go to a park or two.

Which means that with four pools,,,,, they never seem crowded to me, just no time for the poor saps.

casarch.jpg

Ok, my little old puter is going to have a heck of a time getting all this posted in one shot, so we'll call it quits here. This will probably be just about it as far as this thread goes, I do plan on now checking and writing stuffage that comes to me and just "chatting" on Marita's Finding Nebo thread, plus I want to check out the moovin thread that Melinda told me about that a lot of you hang out at.

If someone would be so kind to send me that link again, I'd preciate it, I know I have it somewhere, just not in my control panel yet.

Marita, we still have every intention of some day being co-workers, but boy the housing market bust couldn't have hit at a worse time.

Ok, mischeif managed.
steve

favsmokingareame.jpg

It would be ok.... if it were longer..:thumbsup2

Look forward to seeing you on your "named" thread... over there on the community board..

Write on my friend, write on.......
bee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter