Homewood or Hawthorn Suites in LBV?

NJKathy

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at either of these hotels. If so, could you please let me know how they were. It will be me and my husband's first time to WDW and we seem to like these two places so far. Any input would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Kathy

We have stayed at the Homewood twice. Just got back from 4 nights. We love the location on Palm parkway. The hotel is clean and staff friendly. Try to do a search for Homewood as I have answered other posts. I am happy to repeat the info so let me know if you can't find anything.

The Hawthorne just opened last summer and is across the street. We wanted to try the Hawhorne, but couldn't get a low enough rate. We did go over to take look. Looks a little more upscale in terms of decor and had a basketball court. The pool is a little larger than the homewood. Both offer a M-Th social hour and breakfast each day. Homewood was a serve yourself from a large variety of items with eggs and bacon/sausage served by staff. Don't know about the Hawhtorne. Don't think you'll go wrong at either place and the locat is about 1/2 mile from Hotel plaza blvd rd-- very convenient to Disney.

BigDave

HEY DAVE, I'M STAYING AT THE HOMEWOOD SUITES LBV AUG 22-28. NOW IT SAYS ON THEIR WEBSITE THEY HAVE A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, BUT YOU SAID YOU HAD EGGS AND BACON. WAS THEIR EGGS AND BACON EVERYDAY? OR ON SOME DAYS? HOW WAS THE SHUTTLE BUSES SCHEDULES, ESPECIALLY COMING HOME AT NITE? WAS THE SHUTTLE CROWDED? DID IT HAVE TO PICK UP AND DROP OFF OTHER PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT HOTELS? DID THE HOMEWOOD SUITES HAVE A BUS FOR US AND IOA? IF SO HOW MUCH DID IT COST? DID THEY HAVE GRILLS OUTSIDE NEAR THE POOL? IF SO, WAS IT A GAS GRILL OR CHARCOAL GRILL? HOW MANY CAN GET INTO THE JACUZZI AT ONE TIME? DID THEY HAVE A GAME ROOM? DID THE TV'S HAVE VCRS? I KNOW THESE ARE A LOT OF QUESTIONS, AND I'M SORRY. BUT LAST YEAR I STAYED AT THE BEST INN IN KISSIMEE AND IT WAS HORRIBLE. DIRTY CARPET, BROKEN LIGHT FIXTURES, BROKEN REFRIGERATOR, NO CABLE. UGH. I GUESS I'M PARANOID NOW. BUT I AM HEARING SOME GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE HOMEWOOD SUITES. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP. FEEL FREE TO ADD IN ANYTHING ELSE I MIGHT NEED TO KNOW. :D

Let's see if i can answer some of your questions.

We didn't use the shuttle, we prefer to rent cars. We saw a few people waiting for the shuttle in the am. Last year(2000) the shuttle didn't run at night. It no longer goes to Sea World and I don't know about IOA. I would call the hotel directly-- particularly near your travel date as the shuttles can change.

There is a TINY game room with pinball type games. Just enough to entertain for a short while.

Both last year and this year they had eggs and bacon/sausage every day.

The outdoor hot tub could fit about 6 comfortably.

I don't remember seeing a grill this year, although they had one last year, again call the hotel. I think it was a gas grill.

You will not be sorry if you stay at the homewood. It is very clean.

Hope this helps

wife of BigDave

YES IT DOES, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT OUR STAY. I LOVE THESE BOARDS. :D

Hi Dave and thanks so much for your help. You have helped us make our decision. I am really enjoying these boards, and by the time Sept. rolls around I should be ready for my trip. Thanks again! Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter