Hometown paper touts SS

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
Our hometown paper had an article on the New SS project. The Saratogian said that our theme "health, history and horses"would be maintained throughout the project.It says that the spa atmosphere is a definate. My kids are very excited to go down and wear their Saratoga Springs Cross Country shirts there as they are # 1 in the country.

Interesting article. Allow me to quote two paragraphs and to make observations.
<blockquote>"Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will sit on 45 acres and contain 12 buildings with more than 550 units. It will feature four types of accommodations, similar to Disney's other Vacation Club properties." </blockquote>
This is the first time I've seen a number of units greater than the originally announced 194 units, and a number of buildings greater than the 4 shown on the early plans.
<blockquote>"The studio accommodates a family of four and has a kitchenette. The one- and two-bedroom villas feature a full kitchen, living room and washer and dryer. The Grand Villas are 1,200 square feet and can accommodate up to 12 people." </blockquote>
I'm sure that the line about the Grand Villas being 1,200 square feet is a mistake. That's smaller than the roughly 1,350 sq. ft. for a 2BR at OKW. So I think that a 2BR, not a Grand Villa, at SSR will be 1,200 sq ft. If so, this is the first indication that the unit sizes will be more along the lines of BWV, VWL, and BCV than the unit sizes at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter