Homemade Holiday Presents! Lets help each other! Ideas WANTED!

I found one, it looks really cute!

498e2bc686895_89558n.jpg

I found this when searching, too. Could be a cute gift for a tea lover!

screen-capture.png

Love both wreaths but the tea one would be perfect for MIL. Are there any instructions for this? I see that there must be clothespins wrapped in fabric/scrapbook paper? but what are they attached to?

And for the candy wreath - are they attached just by the yarn? If you take one off, wouldn't the whole thing start to unravel? I am not crafty - obviously! :laughing: But love the ideas on this thread!

Love both wreaths but the tea one would be perfect for MIL. Are there any instructions for this? I see that there must be clothespins wrapped in fabric/scrapbook paper? but what are they attached to?

And for the candy wreath - are they attached just by the yarn? If you take one off, wouldn't the whole thing start to unravel? I am not crafty - obviously! :laughing: But love the ideas on this thread!

Here's a tutorial for the tea wreath: http://kojodesigns.blogspot.com/2010/03/kojotutorial-tea-tea-tea-kitchen-wreath.html

I think for the candy wreath you could tie the pieces on one by one using individual pieces of string. I imagine it would just take longer.

I like to give a basket which is a different theme each year. Last Year the theme was the South of France. I usually collect items for the basket over several months. When I see something when I'm out and about I pick it up. A lot of the DVD's, audio books, books, travel books, maps, cookbooks, etc. I pick up at library book sales, garage sales, flea markets, etc. Then, just before I send the basket, I'll buy a couple of food items and wine that region/country is known for and put those in the basket. Just find out from the person you're sending it to where they'd like to go for faux trip. You may know them well enough to just know what they'd like to know more about. Last year I managed to collect all books and dvds from an author Peter Mayle. He and his wife moved to France and wrote all sorts of books about their adventures in doing so and how life is there for them now. Some books were made into movies and I but those in the basket as well.

Looking for suggestions on easy & inexpensive gifts for my team at work. I'm an asst. supvervisor and I oversee about 25 people. I can be somewhat crafty, so I'm hoping you all can give me ideas of either making or buying something for my team for about $20-35 total (2 men & the rest are women). And I only have a few days to do so: it slipped my mind since I haven't been in this type of leadership role for a few years. Thanks!!!
P.S. I also have an eager-to-help 2 year old daughter so while I want to be crafty, I can only do so in small doses! ;)

I have a staff of nearly 75, so here is what I did. It's not "crafty" but will be nice and is personalized with their names and a little additional message from me.

Swiss Miss has packages of 15 decorative hot chocolate packets (three different flavors). I purchased enough for everyone to have one and then tied a candy cane decorated with a little present like box that is filled with a "character" gumdrop type of candy.

For example, one of the Swiss Miss packets has a penguin on the front. So that packet is paired with a candy cane that has a little green shiny box holding a gum drop type penguin. It's wearing a Santa hat.

Anyway, all that to say,they came out quite nice and were about $1 per to put together and essentially all I did was write each staff members name on their little packet, attach the candy cane, sign it with a personalized message from me.

Hope that helps???

One year when my sister was on an EXTREMELY tight budget, we devised a plan for the 3 grandkids to give as gifts.

Materials:3-4 pieces of Cardstock per kid, washable paint, ribbon or yarn, pictures of the kids

On 1 piece of paper, we painted a child's hand prints and what she liked to do with the grandparents
On 1 piece of paper, we painted a child's foot prints and where she liked to go with the grandparents
On 1 piece of paper, we put a picture of the child and her favorite food, drink, color, toys, etc
We did this for all 3 kids, then made a front cover with a picture of all the kids together
On the back page, we had each child write a message to the grandparents (youngest was transcribed by my sister)
We bound it with yarn and presented it to the grandparents for Christmas...a definite favorite that year

Many years ago we made 3 pillows for each kid...found material that fit their likes...sewed it together & filled it with stuffing

Recently, my oldest niece (12) made t-shirt pillows for her younger sisters from favorite shirts that they have outgrown

Another year, I gave aprons made to match each person's interest...they are still using them :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!