Homecomin’ Brunch

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We ate at Homecomin’ today for the first time and had brunch at around 10:20 am. We had a reservation but honestly didn’t need one. Lots of people walked up and were seated right away. This was one of the best meals I’ve had at all of wdw. I ordered the chicken with donuts and got grits as my side. Everything on that plate was delicious! Dh ordered the hush puppies with the poached egg on top. He said it was decent but his egg wasn’t poached (it had been cooked too long).

After we ordered, I think our food came in like 10 minutes. It was so fast. I can’t wait to go back for lunch or dinner to try something different.

Attachments

• 404FB422-B921-48F3-8174-F5042C3BE7DE.jpeg
    404FB422-B921-48F3-8174-F5042C3BE7DE.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 137
  • 89FF65B7-D44A-470B-A8BD-A02643EE57F5.jpeg
    89FF65B7-D44A-470B-A8BD-A02643EE57F5.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 131
Thanks for the review. I have been hoping the Dis would do a dining review here. Fried chicken and doughnuts- yummmm oh! We have been on the fence at trying this for brunch because it is a little off of the beaten trail but, we have never had a bad meal here. You have made it a definate to try...off to get reservations now.

Hushpuppies and poached eggs!!!! That sounds amazing. How had I not heard of this before!!!! Now I have to have this next month. Thanks so much for sharing

Hushpuppies and poached eggs!!!! That sounds amazing. How had I not heard of this before!!!! Now I have to have this next month. Thanks so much for sharing
Dh said the hushpuppies had peppers or jalapeños in them. You could see the green and red inside.

Thanks for the review. I have been hoping the Dis would do a dining review here. Fried chicken and doughnuts- yummmm oh! We have been on the fence at trying this for brunch because it is a little off of the beaten trail but, we have never had a bad meal here. You have made it a definate to try...off to get reservations now.
Yes definitely get a reservation! It was the best fried chicken I’ve ever eaten and the donuts were so good too.

We're having brunch/lunch here next month! My 11 y/o is ALL OVER the fried chicken and donuts entreé. Fried green eggs and ham or Hallelujah biscuit are calling me. I believe that you can order both brunch and lunch entrees after 1130 on weekends. Huge entrees for sharing, too.
http://www.homecominkitchen.com/pdf/Homecomin-Brunch-Menu.pdf
We were there at 10:20 so we probably couldn’t have ordered lunch entrees but that’s okay because now we get to go back!

I went in May and really liked it. I had Granddaddy plate - eggs , pecan smoked bacon , griddled ham ,cheese drop biscuits and two sides . I had fruit and cheese grits for my sides (my eggs were scrambled ) A whole lot of food that I couldn’t finish but liked that I got to try a little of several different things. Everything was delicious.

I went in May and really liked it. I had Granddaddy plate - eggs , pecan smoked bacon , griddled ham ,cheese drop biscuits and two sides . I had fruit and cheese grits for my sides (my eggs were scrambled ) A whole lot of food that I couldn’t finish but liked that I got to try a little of several different things. Everything was delicious.
I only ate about a third of mine and it was all so good. Dh ate the rest of my food lol

We ate at Homecomin’ today for the first time and had brunch at around 10:20 am. We had a reservation but honestly didn’t need one. Lots of people walked up and were seated right away. This was one of the best meals I’ve had at all of wdw. I ordered the chicken with donuts and got grits as my side. Everything on that plate was delicious! Dh ordered the hush puppies with the poached egg on top. He said it was decent but his egg wasn’t poached (it had been cooked too long).

After we ordered, I think our food came in like 10 minutes. It was so fast. I can’t wait to go back for lunch or dinner to try something different.
So happy to see this review! We have a 10:20 brunch ADR during our upcoming trip. I was torn between the chicken/donuts and the Hallelujah (sp?) biscuit. It will probably depend on which one dh orders. I really like to try as much as possible!

Just saw this review today so thank you for taking the time:).
What is the dark sauce to the side of the fried chicken? Maple syrup, sorghum, or something else?

Just saw this review today so thank you for taking the time:).
What is the dark sauce to the side of the fried chicken? Maple syrup, sorghum, or something else?
It was maple syrup :cutie: Dh liked the chicken better with the syrup, while I liked it better without

Can anyone confirm that the lunch menu is available only after 1130 on the weekends? I thought I read 1100 somewhere. We have a 10:50 reservation I was hoping to be able to have lunch while my husband has brunch

Can anyone confirm that the lunch menu is available only after 1130 on the weekends? I thought I read 1100 somewhere. We have a 10:50 reservation I was hoping to be able to have lunch while my husband has brunch
I can't confirm, but I saw that someone was able to get the lunch menu earlier in the day. Seems timing isn't a hard and fast policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!