• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Home to some bad news

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
:( We arrived home at 4:30 Am to a note under our door from our dog sitter stating that we had an emergency...our 8 year old Doberman had been to two seperate emergency vet clinics in the last 6 hours he was in a great deal of pain and had to go back twice in a matter of hours for additional medication.We met the sitter at our family vet at 8 Am. Our poor boy was very ill and during exploratory abdominal surgery this afternoon they found out that he had liver cancer. It was like he had held on until we got home and were able to say our final goodbyes. We hadn't seen him for almost 2 weeks but we got one last chance this morning. We are all suffer the effects tonight...our house is still and quiet despite the other companions Theo left behind....Tyler our 12 year old Standard poodle, constant companion and puppy mentor, Gertie our 12 year old martriarch Chihuahua and loving surrogate mom to a 110 pound boisterous Dobby and our two kittys...the infamous PKITTY himself and Joy, the ones he loved to chase, pester and cuddly with. We are all just beginning to feel the effects of a companions animals vibrant and happy life over and complete. I will miss him and visit my cherished memories of him often. My shadow....always one step behind me,nudging me hand for a quick pat and a kiss on the nose,always asking for a cookie or a rawhide to chew while sprawled out on his dog bed in front of the fireplace. He loved a good car ride and a Timbit from Hortons. He was a good dog and we'll miss him.

All you DISERS out there if your dog or kitty is nearby and you read this please stop and give them a hug, or a kiss or a cookie and pause for a moment and think about my beautiful boy who is no longer THEO.

All dogs go to heaven of this much I am certain....As a matter of fact I know he's there right now laying on the furniture I am positive of it.

So sorry to hear about your dog...it's always hard when a pet is gone. :(

Take care--and you know you're right, he was waiting until you got home! ::yes::

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess:

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's very difficult to lose an animal.
We have 2 mini poodles and 2 cats.
Marilynn

pkitty

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your pal. I am glad though that he hung on to see his family again. I have a tear falling down my face for you, cause I know how it feels to lose a pet.

Your other pets will feel his loss also. I have my one sheltie at my feet as I write this and the other is behind me sleeping. Thank you for reminding us all to give them a hug and a pat. May god take care of your pup for you.

deb.

Aw pkitty I'm so sorry.:( It hurts so much to say good bye to our fur babies but I'm so glad he held on until you came back to give him one last hug.:(

And yes he is in heaven......all animals go to heaven.:sunny:

{{{hugs}}} to you all

I know there isn't anything that I can say that can make it better so I am sending you a great big bear {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

Scratch
:(

I'm so sorry for your loss. We love our little companions so much that when they leave us a huge hole is left in our hearts.

But cherish the memories you had with him and the fact that you gave him a good life.

My prayers are with you.:(

Sending a :hug: pkitty. Much as I often wish for quiet in the household, I know that that same quiet can reverberate like a bass drum. You will have many happy memories of your pal that will sustain you through this difficult time. Take care.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtfulness and understanding we greatly appreciate it.

Denise

Hugs to you on your loss. Have been there and boy does the house seem quiet for a while. Hugs.

Sorry to hear of your loss pkitty :hug: It's hard to lose a pet, I lost my dog many years ago. Don't worry, all dogs go to heaven :)

So sorry to hear of your loss Denise...my heart goes out to you...I can only imagine how you must be feeling. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I am going to hug my babies right now.

Originally posted by pkitty
:( ... My shadow....always one step behind me,nudging me hand for a quick pat and a kiss on the nose,always asking for a cookie or a rawhide to chew while sprawled out on his dog bed in front of the fireplace. He loved a good car ride and a Timbit from Hortons. He was a good dog and we'll miss him.

Hugs to you and your family...This just painted the most vivid picture of Theo...and made me cry. My mom and dad just had to say good bye our 17 year old English Setter, Annie...like Theo, she was a good dog, and loved her people. She came to our family the year I graduated from High School, and welcomed my two babies with a "smile" and a lick...and then became their shadows when they learned to crawl, walk, and run..

Good dog, Theo and Annie, you were good dogs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter