Home resort versus Other Resorts?

eileenfk

Mouseketeer
If I buy a membership in OKW, I can still stay in any of the resorts, correct?

Suppose I am a member of OKW, and I want to stay in the Wilderness Lodge Villas; Do I pay the same amount of points I would pay, if my home resort was the Wilderness lodge villas?

Most of the re-sales are for OKW. I stayed there once, but not as a DVC member. It was really nice, except for location and pools.

Thank you
- Eileen

You can make reservations at your home resort from 11-7 months out and are only competing against the owners at that resort. At the 7 month mark, any DVC owner can make a reservation at any DVC resort. There is only one point schedule for each resort. Very often this works out when you want to stay at another resort but there are times when it is difficult to get certain rooms at resorts where you do not own -- standard view Boardwalk rooms and OKW Grand Villas come to mind.

I'm not sure what your disappointment was with the OKW pools. You might be interested to know that a themed slide will be added to the OKW pool this fall.

Some of the resales don't show up at those websites because they go fast. Contact a resale company and let them know what you are interested in. OKW has the lowest dues/maintenance fees.

But we own at OKW, VWL and BCV so we get the 11 month advantage at busy times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter