Home rental - best location for both Disney and Universal

Jennkneefir

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Looking at a 2026 trip to both Disney and Universal with a group of 10 (6 adults and 4 children).
We will be splitting our time between Disney and Universal and hoping for a home rental we can all share (5+ bedrooms). Ideally it would be located equal distances between the two, though i know that's a tough ask.
Anyone have any resort communities to recommend that are well positioned between the two parks? I was looking at Storey Lake, but wondering if there is anything else that's (hopefully) a shorter drive.

Most of the Airbnb options are significantly closer to Disney than Universal.

Thank you!!!

I think one of your issues is that Orange County has strict short term rental rules and so any house you rent will have to be in a zoned "vacation" community, not residential. There just won't be many houses available in the area you are talking about. An example is Storey was built to be a vacation community. Between Disney likely drawing bigger families and the price of land ... there will not be many vacation built HOUSE communities closer to Universal. If you do find a house in a residential neighborhood it is likely an illegal short term rental and I'd avoid it.

As someone who has done many trips including both the parks, Storey is not a bad drive at all. I often stay in that area, drive to both parks.

Last edited:
I think one of your issues is that Orange County has strict short term rental rules and so any house you rent will have to be in a zoned "vacation" community, not residential. There just won't be many houses available in the area you are talking about. An example is Storey was built to be a vacation community. Between Disney likely drawing bigger families and the price of land ... there will not be many vacation built HOUSE communities closer to Universal. If you do find a house in a residential neighborhood it is likely an illegal short term rental and I'd avoid it.

As someone who has done many trips including both the parks, Storey is not a bad drive at all. I often stay in that area, drive to both parks.
This is super helpful! Thank you for the info. And good to know about Storey. I checked google maps but its so hard to know if that drive time is accurate or not.

Have you looked into Evermore Orlando Resort? It recently opened and I did a quick drive over/review/pics on here although we didn't stay (I live about 40 minutes from WDW/Evermore). The homes can very large.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/evermore-resort-orlando.3940810/

It's right by Port Orleans Riverside and fairly close to UOR/IoA (~12 miles). And depending on which WDW park you visit, the distance is comparable (AK).

https://evermoreresort.com/accommodations/houses
I'll take a peek! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter