Home finances/budget software?

kellia

DIS Veteran
I've used Quicken for a few years to keep track of our finances, but got a new computer and need new software since I can't find the disk to reload it. Is there anything out there that works better? I really don't use all of the features except the downloading our history from the bank. I'd really like something that was good with budgeting. Any suggestions?

Today seems to be the day for this question! :) I just mentioned this on someone else's post, but I really like YNAB Pro (www.youneedabudget.com). Its a great budgeting program with a philosophy behind the coding that you should work towards living off LAST month's paycheck (i.e., In September, I'm budgeting based off of August's paychecks, and September's paychecks are going towards October's budget, etc.) What's nice is that it's an automatic buffer from living paycheck to paycheck.

The things I like about YNAB:
- program is pretty easy to use
- it has a great forum for questions, pats on the back, or kicks in the butt (kinda like here!)
- it's a one-time fee of $40
- you can import your files (not automatically) from your banking institutions, or enter things manually

One weakness - for me at least, is their reporting/exporting, but from what I've read, those are things they're working on for the next rollout.

Anyway, that's my long-winded two cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter