Hollywood & Vine dinner -- mistake?

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR @ H&V on 11/9, right before the Osborne Lights open. It was the only dinner ADR available so I booked it -- and now I'm wondering if CS would be better?

We have DxDP, so cost isn't an issue. And our group of 10 (3 kids, 7 adults) are not picky eaters -- we all like just about everything and don't need to have fancy food.

Basically, I want to know, if you've been there recently, is it a dump?

We have an ADR @ H&V on 11/9, right before the Osborne Lights open. It was the only dinner ADR available so I booked it -- and now I'm wondering if CS would be better?

We have DxDP, so cost isn't an issue. And our group of 10 (3 kids, 7 adults) are not picky eaters -- we all like just about everything and don't need to have fancy food.

Basically, I want to know, if you've been there recently, is it a dump?

In my opinion, yes it is a HUGE mistake. It is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW that I will never return to for dinner.
The restaurant was dirty, we were surrounded by dirty, unbussed tables. Our waitress was RUDE, the only time I have ever encountered this in Disney. We were ignored.
The hot food was not hot, the cold food was not cold, the variety was not good. The Ladies Room was Filthy.
Never Again!!!

Agree with the PP. You would be better off just getting counter service than spending the $$$ at H&V.

I have to agree with the pp's too. We have eaten at H&V twice in the past few years, and if it weren't for the characters and the Fantasmic Package, we would've walked right out the door! The food was absolutely terrible....cold meats and cheeses are not my idea of a great buffet. :confused3 Also, the place is extremely loud and dirty and the chairs are really cold and uncomfortable after spending hours walking around the park.
IMHO, not the place to go. I'd rather go to a cs restaurant (or go outside the parks to a resort or DTD) than eat at H&V again.
Good luck with your decision.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer... we'll probably just do a CS because the only reason we were eating at H&V was to already be in the park for the lights. You would think that Disney would do something about a consistently bad restaurant! :confused3

I was afraid that was going to be the answer... we'll probably just do a CS because the only reason we were eating at H&V was to already be in the park for the lights. You would think that Disney would do something about a consistently bad restaurant! :confused3

I agree with the PP's. H & V is no good. Messy buffet tables, improper food temps, and inattentive waitstaff.

I will suggest though, that you see if you can get a ressie at Sci-Fi. We were pleasantly surprised there this summer. Very yummy burgers and shakes!!! :goodvibes

I agree, just ate there and it was blah. Okay the make your pasta was good, but overall it was dirty and sloppy.

What about one of the other table service? We did Mama Melrose and like it this trip.

I see soooooo many bad reviews for H&V I can't understand how Disney tolerates such a place in their parks.

This seals the deal for me. I'm cancelling my H&V ressie and doing CS as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter