Hollywood Studios yes/no

Staycan

Staycan
I’m turning 50 and my dad 79. We were at WDW over 10 years ago. I'm going for 7 days and my dad 5.

It’s really hard to get every thing in that I would like my dad to see. Wondering if I should skip Hollywood Studios with him and just do it myself ( he does not want to go on the Rock’n Roll Coaster or the Tower of Terror) that way he could have two days at Epcot with me.
Going Nov. 25-Dec. 1. Thanks in advance for your input! :)

I need to know more about your dad. Does he like Star Wars? Does he like shows such as Indiana Jones and the Extreme stunt show? Does he like Hollywood in general? Will you have hopper passes?

I need to know more about your dad. Does he like Star Wars? Does he like shows such as Indiana Jones and the Extreme stunt show? Does he like Hollywood in general? Will you have hopper passes?
We have Park hoopers. My dad would enjoy Indiana Jones and it is my understanding that the other stunt show does not exist anymore. He liked Star Wars enough to watch the original 3 movies but is not a fanatic. He sometimes enjoys watching movies, especially old ones.

When we arrive on the 25th we will be doing a little bit of the Magic Kingdom and diming at Victoria & Alberts.

We are going to go to 1130AM mass the next day because my father has a 6:00 AM flight from DCA which means he will have been up extremely early on Saturday! My flight is at 7:30
AM so I’ll be tired too. My plan was then to go to Animal Kingdom because I would like him to see Pandora at night.

The question is then whether to do Hollywood Studios the next day or not. If we don’t we can spend the day at Epcot.

Tuesday is his birthday and we are definitely spending the day at Epcot.

His flight leaves on Wednesday at 9 o’clock so he won’t be able to spend the evening at a park. I had a initially planned on going to the AK that day, especially since I have a 410 fast pass for FOP.

With Park Hoppers and a boat between Epcot and HS I would absolutely do HS for a 1/2 day. I think you would have enough time and its fun to have a bit more to see. But honestly with hoppers you can just play it by ear and do what feels right the day you are there.

With Park Hoppers and a boat between Epcot and HS I would absolutely do HS for a 1/2 day. I think you would have enough time and its fun to have a bit more to see. But honestly with hoppers you can just play it by ear and do what feels right the day you are there.
Ty

I think HS is a great park for an older person as it is very compact, mostly shows and sitting down and tons of "streetmosphere" from the 20's-50's that he may actually just love to sit and watch. Have you thought about your fp strategy if you do decide to do both parks?

If you have hoppers, I'd go to Hollywood, no question.

If he likes SW, a quick walkthrough of Launch Bay will be interesting.
The Jedi training show is a riot, even if you don't have any kids in it. The announcers are funny. Stand and watch for bit
Indiana Jones show is decent.
I was a Muppet kid, so I thought the Muppet show was great.
The Storm Troopers march is actually pretty good. The music blasting makes it pretty dramatic.

Even with not going on the rides, Hollywood is nicely compact, and relaxing. If you bought hoppers, go for a lil bit. Takes a little less than about 30 minutes using the boat from Epcot - which is a nice little ride to see the Epcot Area Resorts and Boardwalk.

Um...Fantasmic? I mean, you're there. You paid a bunch of money. Might as well see the stuff. This is high production level stuff.
He also might get a kick out of the street performers if any are around.

If he's a Disney type guy, you might enjoy going very late in the day for Indiana Jones, a quick walkaround, and Fantasmic. If you decide to, you can probably snag a fastpass for Fantasmic right when you decide to go to the park.

I think HS is a great park for an older person as it is very compact, mostly shows and sitting down and tons of "streetmosphere" from the 20's-50's that he may actually just love to sit and watch. Have you thought about your fp strategy if you do decide to do both parks?
We would alternate plans. Going to Epcot on Wednesday with me not having fast passes there so I can hold on to my 4:10 FOP FastPass at AK.

If you have hoppers, I'd go to Hollywood, no question.

If he likes SW, a quick walkthrough of Launch Bay will be interesting.
The Jedi training show is a riot, even if you don't have any kids in it. The announcers are funny. Stand and watch for bit
Indiana Jones show is decent.
I was a Muppet kid, so I thought the Muppet show was great.
The Storm Troopers march is actually pretty good. The music blasting makes it pretty dramatic.

Even with not going on the rides, Hollywood is nicely compact, and relaxing. If you bought hoppers, go for a lil bit. Takes a little less than about 30 minutes using the boat from Epcot - which is a nice little ride to see the Epcot Area Resorts and Boardwalk.

Um...Fantasmic? I mean, you're there. You paid a bunch of money. Might as well see the stuff. This is high production level stuff.
He also might get a kick out of the street performers if any are around.

If he's a Disney type guy, you might enjoy going very late in the day for Indiana Jones, a quick walkaround, and Fantasmic. If you decide to, you can probably snag a fastpass for Fantasmic right when you decide to go to the park.
Ty for the tips! They’re going to have a holiday type show at 8 o’clock So we are going to watch that. It is my understanding that that show is done in a similar fashion as Fantasmic.

I think a big plus for HS right now is the holiday decorations. I bet your dad would really get a kick out of them, since they're really inspired by the 1950s.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter