Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge

Stefecatzz

"If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
I've been wanting to try the Cobb Salad for a while now. But the rest of the menu also looks good, it's gonna be hard to decide!

What are your favorite things to eat and/or drink there?

If it happens to be raining, is there an indoor seating area for the lounge?

The Cobb salad is really good--and this is coming from someone who is not a "salad as a meal" guy. I make a meal out of the appetizer size Cobb and the crab cake appetizer. I tried the entree size Cobb for dinner one time and it was just too much. The graperfruit cake for dessert is a house specialty and I really liked it, even though I'm not fond of grapefruit as a rule.

Can't help with the lounge question, someone will be along shortly who can help you out. I think you'll enjoy HBD.:)

The cripsy bites app, Cobb salad, and a leisurely glass of Pinot Grigio while my kids run over to TSM is a summer ritual. I don't know if there is indoor seating - sorry.

The Cobb salad is really good--and this is coming from someone who is not a "salad as a meal" guy. I make a meal out of the appetizer size Cobb and the crab cake appetizer. I tried the entree size Cobb for dinner one time and it was just too much. The graperfruit cake for dessert is a house specialty and I really liked it, even though I'm not fond of grapefruit as a rule.

Can't help with the lounge question, someone will be along shortly who can help you out. I think you'll enjoy HBD.:)

The salad does look good & I am also not a salad as a meal type person generally speaking. I wasn't sure what to think when I read that the lettuce is Really finely chopped to the consistency of cilantro but I don't think that would bother me since it all looks so good! I was planning on getting the app size because the portions do look huge. Thanks for the tip! :) And the grapefruit cake sounds interesting..I know it is really popular so it will be on my list of things to try eventually.

The cripsy bites app, Cobb salad, and a leisurely glass of Pinot Grigio while my kids run over to TSM is a summer ritual. I don't know if there is indoor seating - sorry.

This is what I was looking to get except sub a cocktail (or the martini flight maybe) for the wine! :) Those two things seem like they would make a great lunch.
The corn bisque with the grilled cheese sounds good also but it would depend on how hot it is that day for me to be able to eat soup.

Last edited:
No indoor seating, but many tables have umbrellas. The Cobb salad is the definite hit: I also liked the sliders and the meat and cheese plate. The martini and margarita flights are great, as are the classic cocktails. Just avoid the grapefruit cake martini. The desert is worth a try once, but the drink... Just say no for sanity's sake.

Go for the Cobb Salad. Many restaurants nowadays offer what they call a Cobb salad. While there are elements that are similar to a Cobb salad, the Brown Derby version is the real deal.

I really like the Cobb Salad and the Cheese and Charcuterie Board. The components of the Cobb Salad are finely chopped and tossed table side. It is delicious. I wish other restaurants that have a Cobb Salad on their menu would make it more like the HBD original.

The lounge is entirely outdoors, but most of the tables have umbrellas.

I wasn't sure what to think when I read that the lettuce is Really finely chopped to the consistency of cilantro but I don't think that would bother me since it all looks so good!

There is a ton of toppings in the Cobb salad. The lettuce is finely chopped but that allows it to be sort of a base for all of the stuff they put on top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter