Hollywood and Vine

Freezing Cold B

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in Sep or Oct (we will be finalizing in the next few weeks). My cousin and her son (will be 7 by that time), will be coming with. We wanted to take him somewhere special, and I noticed in some pictures that Jake is at Hollywood and Vine. He loves Jake. I was going to get reservations for Hollywood and Vine (which we have never eaten at before), but I have read a lot of really negative reviews. Is Hollywood and Vine worth it for the character interaction? Has anyone had a good meal at Hollywood and Vine? If you are one of the first people to eat there in the morning if it clean then? Can you meet Jake anywhere else? I am a major germaphobe, and I have a sensitive stomach, so I would prefer to try to stay away from anywhere that may make me sick, or uncomfortable. But, at the same time, he is a special needs little boy and I would love to make his day by meeting Jake.

We did H&V for the Fantasmic package. The perk of the package was great, but the food was awful. I don't mind a buffet, but the food was cold, poor selection and frankly I was surprised I was in a Disney restaurant. This is honestly the one restaurant I would not recommend at any park.

We did breakfast at H&V on both of our trips and found it okay. Not great, not awful. The kids enjoyed the character interaction and we were in the park early to grab fast passes to TSM after breakfast so it served the purpose for us.

We have done breakfast there twice w/ our young DGC, and I would do it again. The buffet is fine. The food is fine - nothing spectacular, but a pretty good variety. I had no problem w/ cleanliness or service either time. And the character interaction is really, really good.

Maybe for breakfast but I would definately recommend not eating lunch.horrible!

We've had breakfast there three times, generally between 8 and 8:30. We've had only good experiences and left stuffed every time. And I am generally not a big fan of buffets either, but I have never found it unclean.

I was very apprehensive about our lunch reservation that we had there b/c of all of the negative reviews I read of Hollywood and Vine but we went there on Sunday January 27th, 2013 and absolutely loved it. The wait staff was wonderful, the characters were great and the food was wonderful and delicious and there was so much variety. We did 7 table service meals while there and Hollywood and Vine lunch was definitely one of our favourites. I would highly recommend it for sure.

We have breakfast there several times per trip, as our son is 4. We have never had an unsatisfactory meal and have never had an issue with cleanliness. As a PP said, the staff is great and the character interaction can't be beat if you are a fan of the characters there.

Breakfast was much, much better than dinner (can't speak for lunch). Our one dinner experience there was so bad we purposely stayed away. Needless to say we had low expectations going in. But our kids love Disney Jr. so we gave the breakfast a shot. We were pleasantly surprised. Decent food and a good variety. The character interaction is GREAT!!

Lunch there was great last time we visited (jan 2012). Good character interaction, the place was clean and the food was good. Standard buffet food, but it was fresh and hot. Every wdw restaurant has bad reviews from a portion of its visitors, so I'd say give it a shot despite these.

We had breakfast there in Sept 2011 and it was good. It was the best character interaction we had (for us it was Manny) we left full and none of us (6) noticed any unclean areas/things. Sharing the bathroom didn't cause any issues.

H&V is worth it for the character interaction alone. We thought the breakfast was fine, but even if the food was awful we would go back just for the characters. They came to our table multiple times and gave our 1year old son tons of attention. Anyone that is a Disney Jr fan will have a blast. We were one of the first families int he restaurant and Oso played peekaboo with my son for the longest time until more people came in.

If you decide not to do the breakfast, you can currently meet Jake at the Disney Jr meet and greet in HS along with Handy Manny.

The character interaction here is worth it.. My four years old face stayed lit up the whole time!

I thought the food was okay- nothing too amazing but it certainly wasn't bad!

Oh and I also remember a little boy sitting behind us who had Down's syndrome... the characters paid extra attention to him and it was soo soo soo heartwarming! I think you would enjoy it!

The character interaction here is worth it.. My four years old face stayed lit up the whole time!

I thought the food was okay- nothing too amazing but it certainly wasn't bad!

Agreed....food was okay, not super great...but the charectors were awesome. :)

We were there for a late breakfast (around 10:30a.m.) in mid-November and it was definitely a highlight for the character interaction with my 3 year old DS and 5 year old DD. All the characters visited our table multiple times and the kids participated in several "dances" led by a CM and the characters. Food was just fine for breakfast and everything was very clean, including the rest room. Would highly recommend breakfast!

Its our favorite place to eat at DHS. Love the characters and think the lunch buffet is great. to each their own I guess, but my DH and I are both big foodies and love it there. :confused3

Will Handy Manny still be there for lunch or will it change to the same characters as Playhouse Disney Live show where they are taking Handy Manny and Einsteins out and replacing them with Doc McStuffins and Sofia?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter