Hollywood and and Vine or Whispering Canyon??

mb_uh

DIS Veteran
We are staying at WL so would you eat at HV or WC on the day you are going to DHS for breakfast? Please tell me about the quality of food and what kids like since we will have 3 ages 1, 5, and 7. We are on deluxe dining plan so either way we will use credits.

Thanks,

Misty

We've done the H&V breakfast at DHS and loved it! Our reservation was for 8:20 so we were able to walk down the empty streets at the park. Since it's a buffet, we'd aske for our check after the waiter brought our drinks out. That way you can eat and go before rope drop at 9am. The food here is very good, lots of variety. The characters are very cute, Jojo & Goliath and the Little Einsteins. My girls loved it and they're a bit older than your kids. It's actually a favorite of ours and we do it every trip now! :goodvibes

We really enjoyed our early H&V breakfast on out last trip. The food was good and my kids (3 and 9) enjoyed the character interaction. The best part was being in the park (and finishing breakfast even) before the park opened. If you can get an 8:00 - 8:10am ADR there, I would HIGHLY recommend the H&V.

I would forget the breakfast and go for an early lunch at H&V. We hardly do breakfasts but bring something quick from our room, by the time 11:00 rolls around you are more than ready for a break from the heat so why not do lunch? Plus you will miss valuable park time during the morning as the parks get more packed as the morning goes on.

We really liked the breakfast at H&V. They could do with a couple of new characters, but as far as the food goes, the buffet was rather good. Your older kids might know JoJo and Goliath, and you get two characters from the Little Einsteins. They also do some singing and dancing to Playhouse Disney music. My kids (2.5 and 6) enjoyed it! They ate very well there too!

You can't beat being in the parks before they open! We did 6 character breakfast on our trip in December, with ADR's before the parks opened. I like them because we had to get up and get moving early. Otherwise, we'd sleep in and lose a large portion of the morning at the parks that way (as we did on our first trip in 2007). And as far as missing park time, if your ADR is pre rope drop, you really don't miss out on anything!

Enjoy the trip (and the deluxe plan - we loved it!)!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter