Holiday menu for Canada Day/American Independence Day

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Holiday menu for Canada Day/American Independence Day. What are North American disboarders planning for their respective holiday weekends? :-) πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸŒŽπŸ”πŸŒ­πŸ₯©πŸ—πŸ»πŸ•πŸ₯ͺ🍷🍾πŸ₯—πŸ²πŸ₯§πŸ°πŸ¨πŸ§πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡

Lots of BBQs and cook-outs that day; if the weather is good. We're going to a party on the afternoon of July 1 but it's celebrating something else, just convenient to have the day off for it. It will be burgers and hot dogs/sausages for the main and potluck for the sides. We do normally try to get together with others on Canada Day but I wouldn't say there's ever a typical menu.

I don’t have any big plans for the holiday. I can watch fireworks from my house, so I don’t have to go out, and my sister is working double shifts, or I would have gone to visit her. Being on my own, I will probably make a pizza or cheeseburger and call it a day.

I just hope the neighbors don’t set things on fire with illegal fireworks. There is a vacant lot next door, and they all aim for it. Some aim better than others . . .

We have a view of an awesome fireworks display from our front yard on July 3 (it's always the Sunday before the 4th) and will have my inlaws over for a cook out (9 of us total). We are providing smashburgers and hotdogs and my MIL is bringing a couple of side dishes and SIL is bringing a dessert.

On the 4th my DD starts a local daycamp so DH and I will both take her since we are off work and after drop off, go to breakfast. That's as far as the plans have done for that day.

Never have had any July 4th menu. Until we retired last year, if July 4th was a weekday, it was a work day and we didn't get it off, so it just meant trying to sleep through the fireworks since we both had to be at work at 3 a.m.
In retirement, my wife has decided we AREN'T going to do any traditional food items on holidays. So on St. Patrick's day we had ham, and on Easter we had Corned Beef. So I can't wait to see what odd menu she comes up with this year. Maybe a roast turkey?

Nothing elaborate planned. Youngest is in CO for a week, eldest will be out on the boat. We will be having a nice, quiet day. Maybe some ribs & shrimp salad - that or crabs.

Having a 4th of July game day at a friend's for July 2. Tons of allergies, but I know I'm bringing the fresh watermelon and she's making the all-beef hot dogs (not sure about buns or if we're going to eat off a stick so we don't need them)...I'm also not sure what else will have, although she always makes a mean guacamole when we visit, so I'd expect some fresh guac and tortilla chips...

With hot dogs, guac and chips, and fresh watermelon - do you need more for the 4th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter