Holiday Inn Orange Lake Thread

1) yes u will get parking passes for 3 but you will probably have too park 1 at clubhouse parking or you will be taking a parking spot of your neighbour.
2) you cam check in anytime. They will get everything ready for you in your packet even your room keys. They just wont give you your room number until closer too 4.
3) Conceirege will take your luggage at front entrance. I am not 100% sure about refrigeration. You could call and ask.
Enjoy Orange Lake. We arrive in 21 days for 2 weeks.

Thank you!

What type coffee pot is in the kitchen of a 2-bedroom unit? Wondering whether we need flat bottom or pointed bottom filters!

:thanks:

Those of you who are not owners, how did you book this resort? It is on my short list of places to stay next year.
There are several ways. Here, eBay, VRBO, TUG, Redweek, SkyAuction, Vacation Strategy. I am sure there are others as well. Where/who you rent through depends on how much "risk" you are willing to accept. The risk with any of them are fairly low. You are renting someone else's timeshare which always brings risk. Make sure you do a bit of research to insure you do not get scammed.

I will try to summarize what I have been educated on because I have not stayed there. I will be in 7 weeks.

• Orange Lake resort has 4 villages: East, West, North, and River Island
  • Each village has different types of buildings: typical multi-floor buildings and some villas that you drive right up to your door.
  • OL is a cashless resort which means everything goes on your room key, you can use credit card, or gift card.
  • There are no fees to my knowledge other than the $250 room deposit on check-in. It covers onsite purchases. Whatever you don't use gets refunded back.
  • Rooms are not assigned until check-in. I have tried calling to request a location and told they will not do it.
  • River Island is where the giant lazy river is. Many people say that you do not need to pay the fee to use it. However, someone did say over Spring Break that there were band checkers that would make them get out. So, this one I do not know for certain at the moment.
  • OL has an internal bus service that will take you to each of the villages. There are daily activities at each village and you can figure out where you want to go and how to get there. Obviously driving may be quickest.
  • West Village appears to have the most activities. It also houses the lake rentals.
  • River Island has Signature rooms. These are similar to Disney Concierge. They have separate check-in, lounges w/ snacks and drinks, a separate section at the pool, and some other benefits.

There is tons of information. All of mine has come from here and other sites. Google Maps satellite view will let you get a good look at the area and how spread out it is.

As for renting, find an Elite member. They can book well in advance, get a free room upgrade too. I got a 2BR in West Village for $759 ($7 per point and $59 guest name transfer fee). I also get cancellation from him up to 2-days before arrival.

I will try to summarize what I have been educated on because I have not stayed there. I will be in 7 weeks.

• Orange Lake resort has 4 villages: East, West, North, and River Island
  • Each village has different types of buildings: typical multi-floor buildings and some villas that you drive right up to your door.
  • OL is a cashless resort which means everything goes on your room key, you can use credit card, or gift card.
  • There are no fees to my knowledge other than the $250 room deposit on check-in. It covers onsite purchases. Whatever you don't use gets refunded back.
  • Rooms are not assigned until check-in. I have tried calling to request a location and told they will not do it.
  • River Island is where the giant lazy river is. Many people say that you do not need to pay the fee to use it. However, someone did say over Spring Break that there were band checkers that would make them get out. So, this one I do not know for certain at the moment.
  • OL has an internal bus service that will take you to each of the villages. There are daily activities at each village and you can figure out where you want to go and how to get there. Obviously driving may be quickest.
  • West Village appears to have the most activities. It also houses the lake rentals.
  • River Island has Signature rooms. These are similar to Disney Concierge. They have separate check-in, lounges w/ snacks and drinks, a separate section at the pool, and some other benefits.

There is tons of information. All of mine has come from here and other sites. Google Maps satellite view will let you get a good look at the area and how spread out it is.

As for renting, find an Elite member. They can book well in advance, get a free room upgrade too. I got a 2BR in West Village for $759 ($7 per point and $59 guest name transfer fee). I also get cancellation from him up to 2-days before arrival.

I am anxious for you to go for the first time too!!!! Above you mentioned they had "BAND CHECKERS" What are the bands for? Do you have to pay to get into River Island or just to use the floats?? If there is a charge for access to River Island, that may make a difference for me. I hope someone can clear that up for us BEFORE you go and BEFORE I book a stay!! :surfweb:

In going to the linked above site , there is a 75 dollar charge to use it for a week.
less for less days. Not sure if the 75 dollars if for 7 days or 5 , but it is per person I think.

I'm hoping too someone will come along with more information about this.
You can buy a play pass for tubes, rock climbing wall, big slide and mini putt. 3 days $35.00 7 days $75.00. Do I ever buy them, absolutely not. You CAN use the lazy river without tubes. We swim it all the time. Prefer it. There is ZERO charge for using pools, lazy river and slides ( except Hippo slide) west is my preference for drive up unit. You can tour property and get play passes with tour for $25.00 OR you can book through a signature collection owner and stay in a signature unit at River Island ( costs way more) and get enough wrist bands for everyone in your party length of stay. The only time wrist band nazis do anything is when you come up to the booth in a tube with NO wristband. Otherwise have at it. Any questions pleaae PM me. I would be more then happy to help. We stay and own there.

I am working on a list of all possible additional costs other than condo/room rental, looking for any help on anything you have come across
Other than deposit and resort fee where applicable these are all voluntary additional activities.

Resort Fee and Other Fees

Deposit: $250.00 per stay
Resort fee: $7.95 per room, per night -when booked through like a hotel reservation, none if owner booked

Resort inclusions include:
Complimentary shuttle service throughout the resort
Use of all resort fitness centers
Use of all resort business centers
Use of all resort pools water parks
Use of all children's playgrounds
Use of all resort sports amenities on-site activities
Free local calls to Orlando
Use of in-room safe
Complimentary movies in resort movie theater
Complimentary wireless internet access

Play Passes for Fun Zone, which features miniature golf, sand volleyball, The HIPPO™ waterslide, a bungee trampoline and a rock-climbing wall.: $35 for 3 day, $75 7 day per person Tube rental packages are available at the Splash Shack. Tube rental $9 a day.

Cabanas (poolside) $16
Water’s Edge Beach Club, West Village
Cabanas seat up to seven guests each. For more information or to reserve a cabana, call (407) 239-3444 or see the attendant at the Putt-Putt® golf counter at Water’s Edge Beach Club.
Cabana Key
River Island Pool Complex
Cabanas seat up to six guests each. For more information or to reserve a cabana, call ext. 3444 or visit Splash Shack at the River Island Pool Complex.

Mini Golf: $2

Putting green: $4

Hair Braiding & Airbrush Tattoos:

Golf:
Kids Golf Free
North Village, Legends Walk
Children 16 yrs. and younger golf free with a paying adult every day at Legends Walk, our 9-hole lighted golf course. See the Legends Walk Pro Shop for more details.
Island Golf
River Island
10 a.m.- 10 p.m.
Loads of fun for kids and adults! Enjoy a true classic with the entire family. Play at one of the two 36-hole championship golf courses. Family Adventure value passes available.

Hot-Air Balloon Rides
Get a bird’s eye view of beautiful Orlando with a hot-air balloon ride! Press the Activities icon on your in-room telephone for more information or to make a reservation.

Nature Walk
Currents Café
Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings
7:15 a.m. (Weather permitting)
Experience Florida’s unique ecosystem with a guided tour from our resident naturalists. Wear your walking shoes; this is a 1.4-mile walk. (Fee applies—tickets, credit/debit card or room charge only.)

Swampy’s Club Activity Center
West Village Clubhouse, Lower Level Promenade
Friday – Tuesday 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wed. 12:30 – 9:30 p.m.
* Subject to change seasonally
A great retreat for kids and teens, this club offers age-specific activities, arts and crafts for all ages, from the popular “Kids Night Out” (seasonal) where kids enjoy a fun-filled evening without their parents. Also sign-out board games and sports equipment and enjoy Wii and PlayStation® 3 systems, ping-pong tournaments and other seasonal activities and events. Some activities require a fee.

The HIPPO™
River Island Fun Zone
From 11 a.m.
Experience the world’s largest inflatable waterslide—168 feet long with a 40 foot drop! It’s a great activity for the entire family to enjoy.

Housekeeping:

Babysitting service:

Game Room:

Massages:
River Island Pool Complex, near the Splash Shack
Enjoy a relaxing poolside massage at our cabana or schedule an in-room massage.
Add a little extra pampering to your vacation with the help of a poolside or in-room massage. Choose a relaxing Swedish, Deep Tissue or Couples Signature treatment from licensed professional massage therapists. Call (888) 611-6060 today to make your appointment. For more information, visit www.sparefreshing.com

The Gatorland® Show* Price is $5 per person with children 3 and under free. Tickets only—purchase at Tickets & Transportation or at the door.
Clementine Room, West Village Clubhouse
Come to The Gatorland Show, where Gatorland professionals will inform and entertain you. Everyone will get a chance to be face-to-face with an alligator. Don’t forget to bring your camera!

Tennis, Basketball, Racquetball Courts and shuffleboard:
West Village & North Village
From 8 a.m.
Keep your game in shape with six tennis courts lighted for nighttime play and four racquetball courts located near the Marketplace. Two basketball courts and two tennis courts are also located in the North Village. Enjoy Shuffleboard, located next to Breezes Restaurant & Bar. Equipment available at Waters Edge Arcade.

Beach Volleyball:

Watersports
jet skiing:

water skiing:

teen tubing:
Watersports Rentals, West Village
Tuesdays & Fridays, 12 p.m.
Beat the Florida heat and meet other totally tubular teens as you zip across the lake behind a motorboat! Our expertly trained staff will provide equipment, instructions and safety tips. Cost is $15 per person and signup required. Call ext. 5199 for more information

fishing:

boat rental:

Last edited:
The wristband checking came up on a post on TripAdvisor. Some people have had to get out of the lazy river because they did not have a band. However, they may be miscommunication what actually happened. They may have been using tubes in the lazy river without a band. That may be where the misinformation is at. You need a band for the tubes.

thanks for that ,

we just want to use the lazy river ,, ( without the tubes ) , nothing else ,, just that
Do you know if we can use our own noodles in the pool ?
Own noodles in pools are fine. Just not allowed in lazy river.
If they had no wristbands, they wouldn't have been told to get out of lazy river just no tube.

Well, I am thankful for threads like this. Outside of DIS, there is not much in reviews or information on Orange Lake. Searching for reviews, you have TripAdviser and that is about it. For the most part, reviews are either positive or negative. Most of the negative reviews are from people that bought into the timeshare spiel. They took a highly discounted or free vacation with a requirement to sit through the spiel. Those deals come with strings attached. The timeshare people have you captive. If you don't stay for the whole thing, they bill you for the max retail price they can. People complain they are stuck there forever. But none of them think it is their fault for accepting it.

I am so glad for this site and threads to get real information. Some info may not be correct because there is such limited information out there for this resort.

Thanks greenclan67 for the clarification. I knew I could count on you!! Also, thanks to JuneChickie, BigredNole and MommyinHondur....I appreciate the input from all of you.
BigredNole, I am super excited about your upcoming trip!!! I can't wait to get my turn to go!!! Working with some owners to see what will happen. DH gave me a limited budget
so it looks like I am going to have to wait to see what is available closer to my dates and probably at the last minute. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter