Holiday Inn Maingate East?

HollyLA

Earning My Ears
Any reviews from anyone who has stayed here? I have reservations for 3/30 to 4/5. I would love to know what to expect.

Also, I see they have shuttle busses there, but are they free? Also, do the trollies go to this resort?

Thanks

I just posted about this place on the budget board but I'll cut and paste what I wrote. Let me know if you have any other questions.

~~In Feb, we stayed at Holiday Inn Maingate East in a 1-bedroom suite (NOT a kidsuite) for $65 a night. I actually liked it better than HIFS for a couple of reasons, one was I thought there was a lot more room than at HIFS. There as an actual kitchen area with a bar to sit at as well as a small table and counter space! I know HIFS has some kitchens, but they are even more expensive than the regular rooms. And if you are having someone sleep in the living room, it has an actual bed that pulls down from the wall with a real mattress, which means a real bed instead of pull-out sofa mattress! This also made for lots of floors space when it was up.
The resort isn't as pretty and the pools aren't as nice (although they seemed to keep them VERY heated there was steam coming up every night!) but everything was clean, and the room we had was remodeled and maintenance was very prompt! We had some trouble with the fridge and they had to come twice and they were very quick, courteous and pleasant (talking to us and our DD, wiping their shoes, just really polite)
I was happy their especially for the price!~~

We have never stayed at the HIFS but like Lisa we stayed in a suite last spring at the Maingate East and loved the room it had. The kitchenette was nice and their was actually enough room for 8 to sleep even though their was only 5 of us. We rented a car but I believe the bus transportation is complimentary. Can anyone else comment?
Have Fun!!!
Susan:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter