Holiday Inn - Entertainment Card?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I have seen some good deals with the Entertainment Card Rate on Holiday Inns - how/where do I get one of these? Thanks.

You purchase a card with coupon book for your metro area.

I do not live in a large metro area, so I usually purchase the book for a city I plan to visit. The book has coupons for restaurants and places in the metro area. The card provides a discount on certain hotel rooms on specific dates. The hotel discount is good nationwide. We purchased the Las Vegas book last year, and used zero coupons out of it. But we used the card for our stay at the Hojo Anaheim -- $49/nt.

Holiday Inn offers Ent. card rates online. We had to call the Hojo numerous times before the rate was available for our dates. We started calling in November, every 2 weeks, being told "not available for those dates." Finally in Feb. it popped up and we booked it (June trip).

The books cost between $25-$40. If you go to mousesavers.com first, there is usually some sort of discount offered on these books, such as $5 off or free shipping.

I'm jumping in this thread with an entertainment book question.

I'm looking at staying at the HOJO in June. I would appreciate any more info on the offer that above is mentioning. Right now rates are over $100. I would love a $49 rate. :teeth:

Thanks for any help.

ClassicPooh2 said:
I'm jumping in this thread with an entertainment book question.

I'm looking at staying at the HOJO in June. I would appreciate any more info on the offer that above is mentioning. Right now rates are over $100. I would love a $49 rate. :teeth:

Thanks for any help.

I've checked in the last week for HOJO Entertainment rate for June and November, and it was not available. I do have it booked for March, but I made that reservation last May. It appears to me that they've pulled the Entertainment rates. I don't think I can see paying over $100. We'll probably be doing Priceline instead.

I do have reservations at a couple of the different Holiday Inn's in Anaheim for June & November using the Entertainment rate, and we'll check out the locations when we're there in March. It does seem to be much more difficult to get a good rate this year than when we've gone in the past.

I find it hard to use my Entertainment Book sometimes for hotels. There are only a certain small block of rooms allotted for EB holders. Usually, they're all gone. Some people may get lucky and get a hotel with the discount, but I've never been able to use my EB for hotels. I guess what I'm saying is if you plan on buying an EB ($40 in B.C., Canada) for the sole purpose of hotel discounts, then you may want to make sure first that the hotel still has EB rooms available.

BTW, I get more luck just using Priceline. We're going in mid-March for spring break. We got the Doubletree Orange County for $52/night. On previous trips, we got the Anaheim Marriott for $50/night and Hyatt Orange County for $42. All of them are very nice hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter