Holiday Inn Club Orange Lake Resort extra charges?

DisneyKings

Mouseketeer
For those who have been there, what all do I need to be prepared to pay extra for? I know I've read that there is a $7 fee for inner tubes, but what else? How much is the putt-putt? Can you bring your own inner tubes/pool floats? Thanks!

Hi, We stayed at Orange Lake 2008. I seem to remember that we could not take our noodles into the pool, but could take them into the lazy river. We did not rent inner tubes, because they were lying everywhere. I don't want you to think we were trying to pickup other peoples tube, but there didn't seem to be much organization to returning them. We were offered inner tubes as an incentive to attend the timeshare speech, so maybe a lot of people took that incentive and didn't care about returning them??

Anyhow, you can buy a weeks worth of miniputt for a flat rate. Again, sorry can't remember how much, but it wasn't too expensive.

There was also one large slide at the end that was for a fee. Ours kids were not big enough, so I am not sure what the cost was.

Have a great time, we loved it there.

Thanks! that helps. Our kids will prob not be big enough for that slide either (2, 4, & 4) Were the other slides free?

Do you remember which pools had zero entry?

The slide in the North Village pool was the perfect size for our kids. They must have gone down it 100 times. They weren't able to go down the second free slide at River Island because they were not tall enough. We tried every pool at the resort. We liked the North Village (good for kids) and the West Village (a bit quieter for reading) the best.

We liked the North Village (good for kids) and the West Village (a bit quieter for reading) the best.

Oh, good--we're booked in North village. I had debated b/w it & west village b/c I had heard that west had a zero entry pool.

Although we own DVC, we also own a 3 bedroom at OLCC.
One thing you may need/want to know is that OLCC is now "cashless".
Everything is charged to your room card. You can pay in full the day before you leave in cash (like a cruise) but otherwise, it all the charges go on your credit card you leave on file. Everything, even the newspaper.

I've never seen tubes just laying around, unless it was after 3 pm. Otherwise, they are usually laying right next to the renters of the tubes to use during the day but I guess every stay is different. There is much to do at the resort that you can really stay onsite and have a relaxing trip.

You mention you have little children. We ate at Breezes for the first time this trip (opened last year and didn't go) and although our children are 12 and 16, we loved the dinners. Kids eat for $4.99 (I ordered off the kids menu one night too). There is a DJ, limbo contest, dancing, etc. all done in front of the open air restaurant. It is a nice, casual place to go.

Enjoy your stay, we love it there.

We won't be there till Labor day, but I've read on various reviews that the inner tubes can cost up to $10, and no you can't take your own. The hotel rep told me it is run by an independent company, which is why they charge for it?? I've also read that there is a charge for all the activities such as the mini golf, etc. Here is the phone number directly to the resort 877-807-9060 give them a call. I'm sure they can answer your questions. Have fun!!

Wow... The tubes every time we had stayed when the lazy river opened it was 10 per day...

Wow... Also cash less.. Really... When did that happened?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter