Holiday: HS or AK?

may1787

Mouseketeer
I'm only able to be in the parks for 3 nights in December and I'm wondering what you recommend for nighttime lights and overall Christmas atmosphere between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? I am going to be an AP so I'm not necessarily there for the rides unless they have a holiday overlay. I'm more there for the holiday things because I can ride the rides on another visit.

I'm only able to be in the parks for 3 nights in December and I'm wondering what you recommend for nighttime lights and overall Christmas atmosphere between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? I am going to be an AP so I'm not necessarily there for the rides unless they have a holiday overlay. I'm more there for the holiday things because I can ride the rides on another visit.

We were thoroughly impressed with the decorations at HS last year.

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam is a fun little show, but we liked the snow fall on Sunset Blvd with the ToT projections. Also lots of decorations about the park.

AK is light on the Christmas theming, well, at least it seemed that way last year.

AK is light on the Christmas theming, well, at least it seemed that way last year.

Thanks for your input. Someone said they might do more décor at AK this year because of the new additions, but wasn't the new land (sorry, my mind is blanking on the name at the moment) there before last Christmas as well?

Thanks for your input. Someone said they might do more décor at AK this year because of the new additions, but wasn't the new land (sorry, my mind is blanking on the name at the moment) there before last Christmas as well?

Yes Pandora was already there last year. Of the four parks, AK has the least amount of Christmas decor and festivities. HS and EP both have great Christmas themed night time entertainment. Unless you go to a party or you're there after the last party, MK doesn't have anything in the evening other than the lighting of the castle.

Yes Pandora was already there last year. Of the four parks, AK has the least amount of Christmas decor and festivities. HS and EP both have great Christmas themed night time entertainment. Unless you go to a party or you're there after the last party, MK doesn't have anything in the evening other than the lighting of the castle.

Thanks! That's very helpful!

For nighttime holiday stuff, HS for sure. I really enjoyed Sunset Seasons Greetings. Overall, HS looked really nice after dark with all the decorations. I like visiting Animal Kingdom to see Minnie and Mickey in their Christmas sweaters, but if you are interested in nighttime stuff, I would absolutely recommend HS over AK.

Following along as I have a similar dilemma.

My research has shown that HS is likely to be the better decorated park, so in your case I’d probably go there. In my case, I think I’m leaning towards AK as I think I want to see Pandora at night more than the Xmas lights. But I change my mind frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter