Holiday gifts for coworkers...

XYSRUS

DIS Veteran
I have 22 employees in my department. Any ideas on what to give them for a small holiday gift. They already receive a cash bonus. I am looking for a little something to add to that to express my thanks for their dedication. What have you received/given in the past you liked?

Are you the boss? Cash is usually great. If they're already getting cash it think it will depend on whether you want like an actual gift or more like a token. Gifts could be gift cards or something males or females could use and it can be for people of any age. So maybe a GC for dinner or passes to the movies etc. If you just want a little token to be able to hand each employee while the cash is the real gift something edible might be good, things like caramel popcorn in pretty bags or fancy cookies or a mug with coffee or tea or hot chocolate they can use at home.

I've liked GC or cash. I've gotten umbrellas, turkeys (when I was young and travelling home to my parents for Tday, so pretty useless), ornaments, etc. Don't give me something that causes more clutter.

I'm making Vanilla Sugar. Really easy. Google the recipe.

The one I found:

Fill a pint jar w/ sugar. Cut a vanilla bean in half. Split the bean down one side. Scrape the seeds into the sugar. Put the vanilla bean into the sugar. Put the lid on the jar. Let sit for 2 weeks, shaking the jar often.

I always hate getting gifts from my boss of mostly useless things. I would suggest something to do with food. Like bring in a lavish breakfast for the group, of take them out to lunch, or maybe give them gift cards to restaurant.

not sure what your budget is, but I think I would just either take them to lunch or get a catered bfast or lunch... just something from somewhere local.

Bring in breakfast! I think that sounds like a great gift from a boss! Tell them in advance though so they don't spoil it by eating before they show up!

sookie said:
Bring in breakfast! I think that sounds like a great gift from a boss! Tell them in advance though so they don't spoil it by eating before they show up!

I really like this idea!!

Last year my boss gave us all a mug filled with candy, hot chocolate, and tea. they wee all mugs picked out specifically for us. I am a cat lady, mine had cats. Then after we all opened them, she unveiled the keurig and a giant stock of k cuz she got for the break room. Best gift ever!!!!

I love the idea of breakfast or lunch. So often you get trinkets from work that wind up in a drawer collecting dust.

Where I used to work, the boss had a catered lunch. I worked in a call center and they shut down the phone for two hours in the afternoon and we all got to sit together and socialize while eating a catered lunch. It was awesome and everyone talked about it and looked forward to it every year. Not sure it that is in your budget though. Breakfast would be a great idea too, I think everyone would appreciate it a lot.

not sure what your budget is, but I think I would just either take them to lunch or get a catered bfast or lunch... just something from somewhere local.

Or one of the those companys that bring in the fancy coffee cart with some bagels & pasteries.

Kae

Forget breakfast! Catered lunch is far far better. way more options. So what if you bring bagels and muffins and coffee. whoopie! At least for lunch you have better options. like Italian food, Greek, or Chinese. or a bit of everything.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

It's a waste of $ to try and buy an inexpensive gift that everyone is going to like. They will love their bonus and a catered lunch or breakfast brought into the office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter