Holiday activities in Phoenix Area?

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
We're heading to Phoenix over Thanksgiving weekend....any fun holiday things to do?

Ooh I live in Phoenix Az ^_^ I know there aren’t a ton of things to do in Arizona for the Holidays. Its fun to go up north to the Flagstaff/Prescott area to see the snow and check out the beautiful houses that are decorated.....

If there isn’t too much snow, it is always nice to take a day trip to the Grand Canyon just to see how beautiful it is in the wintertime.

As for the Phoenix area, yes Zoo Lights are really fun to check out.

Glendale Glitters has been a fun activity in the past. I don't know if they still do it, but you can probably google it. Also, downtown Tempe has something with lights and stuff. Awatukhee also does. I know there are lots more, but those are the ones I remember. Also, a lot of homes start decorating. I always go visit my sister over Thanksgiving, and last year we drove around Mesa looking at lights.

The Arizona Republic publishes a list of holiday lights every year but I'm not sure when it comes out or if it's on the website.

The LDS temple in Mesa has an enormous light display. They turn it on the night after Thanksgiving. They have a choir-type entertainment every night about 7 p.m., I think. Nice atmosphere.

PHXscuba

I LOVE the Phoenix Zoo. It was built on an old fishery, which is why there are so many lakes. It's quite lovely.

At Christmas time there is a Festival of Lights that you can ride a small gauge train through. I'm not sure when they set the lighting displays up, but I'm guessing that the train is up all the time. And there are buildings full of model train set ups too. That is one of my favorite memories of Phoenix at Christmas time.

Here's a link to that event:
http://phoenix.about.com/cs/familyactivities/a/scottsholiday01.htm

Oh I see ithe Holiday Lights don't start until December. Well, if you're ever there in December, look it up. :)
You can always go and just enjoy the trains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter