Hmmmm - Resort Hunting Again - POFQ or CSR

Which would you choose??

• POFQ - Port Orleans French Quarter

• CSR - Coronado Springs Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
So if you had to choose between POFQ and CSR, which would you choose....and more importantly, why? I would sincerely like to know why you choose one over the other. Not just because you stayed there once and liked it, but what does one offer that would draw you back over the other one.

Technically, I have 130 days to go until I visit ::MickeyMo and ::MinnieMo. The closer we get to going, the more :hyper: I get about where to stay. We were originally booked for PC, but after all of the complaints I have read, I am :scared1: that if I stay there I will wish I chose a mod again. So, it is between POFQ & CSR. My husband and I have had a :chat: about it, but he says the decision is mine. I truly want the resort where the :wizard: will be. We are going for my :bday:, which is why I get to make all of the decisions. We :moped: to the airport and :space: at 6:40 in the morning, so early check-in is also an important issue. I :love: the planning, but deciding where hubby, princess:, fil, mil and I should stay is a tough decision. I liked POFQ last time we were there, but I would also like to try something new. I have to make this decision for the entire :grouphug:, so your input would mean a lot to me.

Definitely try something different. I stayed at POFQ in Nov. and wouldn't stay there again. IT was OK, but nothing spedial in my estimation. Pretty boring actually, and I'm not the type of person who wants a crowd around all of the time.

The theming at CSR seems pretty cool.

Also, just on a side note, since I am having fun with the smileys, I am going to be really :( if I get to Disney and pirate:s is closed down for rehab. I am really looking forward to having a :mickeybar and :drinking1 $3 bottled water while watching the parade at MK. I hope the parks are not too :crowded: becuase of the celebration. I have been :love2: all over my hubby for taking me for my :cake: celebration. Hope I have not :confused3 you too much with my faces.

Thanks for playing. :)

We have stayed at both resorts. We prefer POFQ.

Reason why: For us, the CSR was way to spread out. I know alot of people love it there, but not us.

I've stayed at both and the decision was difficult as I loved both! My family (that is, DD 10 and DS 7) loved CSR for the pool, fountains, and food at both the Pepper Market and Maya Grill. They were neutral about POFQ, though I find the southern theming incredibly relaxing - and Boatwright's is my favorite resort restaurant for breakfast. If I were going solo I'd choose POFQ, but since you mentioned going with a group, I voted for CSR.

I voted for POFQ just because of the size. I know it is the smallest moderate. We recently returned from POR and although it is an absolutely beautiful resort (I think themeing makes it a deluxe), if we had not been close to the food court/store I would not have liked it. I imagine it could be a 20+ minutes walk to the food court to refill a mug or for DH to get breakfast and bring it back to the room for the rest of us. We have stayed at POFQ also and the size makes it perfect, but that is something that is important to us.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR said:
CSR was way to spread out.

Is this resort really as huge as it looks?

I am sure there is a lot of walking involved with this resort? Does the scenery make the walks enjoyable?

bytheblood said:
I am sure there is a lot of walking involved with this resort? Does the scenery make the walks enjoyable?

Absolutely - the grounds are beautiful and peaceful. We enjoyed walking around this resort. We enjoyed everything about CSR!

We have never stayed at CSR, but we went there to eat at the Pepper Market (which we loved) twice when we went during the summer. We walked outside after we ate and looked around and a CM was coming around with a sort of mini tram and asked if we need a ride back to our room. It seemed like a far walk to the rooms and I laughed because everyone always makes a big deal about how CBR is so spread out,and we always stay at CBR and do not feel it is that way, in fact we all thought CSR seemed more spread out, although it was pretty, we still prefer CBR out of all the moderates. :boat:

I chose POFQ bcs it is a little more intimate. Plus it has the awesome dragon slide in the very well themed pool. They also have the boat running to DTD.

However, for about the same money, you could rent DVC points and get an Old Key West studio. They are very large, with 2 queen beds, fridge and microwave. Plus they just added the sandcastle themed pool slide in the main pool. OKW also has a boat to DTD. When renting DVC points, you are essentially using someone's timeshare, so no 11.5% rooms tax, so the $110 a night for weeknights in the summer is the whole amount. Weekend nights (Fri & Sat) are more, and it may be more economical to pay rack rate there, but the weeknights are a very good deal. Mousesavers.com has a good description, plus there is the DVC rent/trade board here on DIS.

Good luck.

I really like the POFQ (have stayed there twice including during Frances).

The reasons I like the FQ:

1) It is not too big - eveything is a short walk
2) The walk to Riverside along the "river" is a nice way to relax
3) You can enjoy both The FQ and Riversides pools (both are a lot of fun).
4) I really like the Mardi Gras decour in the food court - It is not my normal style - but something about it puts me in the modd for fun
5) The boat ride to downtown Disny is a ice way to relax (it is not the fastest way to get there).
6) I have always enjoyed walking out of the room and lokking into the landscaped courtyard.
7) The bignets (sp?) as a treat for breakfast!!!

bytheblood said:
Is this resort really as huge as it looks?

I thought there was alot of walking involved. Our room was at the back of the resort. It was a long walk to re-fill our mugs if we were by the pool. Even though there are multiple bus stops, we always got off the one by the lobby to stop by the food court. Then had to trek to the back which is after a long day of walking.

Again, I realize it is a beautiful resort and many, many people love it. It is just not for us.

CSR! I like to try a new resort each trip, and you've already been to POFQ. I stayed at CSR in May and thought it was great. I guess it's all relative, but I don't think CSR is too big or spread out at all. We were in Ranchos (the section furthest from the main building) and it never took more than 5-10 minutes of walking (with a 4 year old no less) to get anywhere. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is great, and the buses are very efficient. Another plus is that CSR is a convention resort. If there's a convention while you are there, the pools and buses will be nearly empty all day.

I would definately choose POFQ because (IMHO) it is far better themed. Plus, it is not as spread out so you won't have to do as much walking from place to place. Never been there, but I will sometime! Muahaha!

CSR.

CSR to me is no more spread out than any other property. Oh I take that back the CBR was a lot more spread out than CSR. We were just there two weeks ago and the CSR now has the little golf carts to take you where ever you need to go within the property. They call it the resort shuttle. But the ride is so short you can walk it. I like the theme of CSR, the pool(s), the food court and it's pretty quiet. Most of the people staying there are attening a convention. So when you get up to head out to the parks, the conventioners are heading to their convention. Leaving more room for us vacationers on the buses. We've been staying at the CSR for the past six years and not once have we been over crowded or bothered by the people having a conference. This is just my opinion.

Kimickey - I LOVE the picture you have posted of Spaceship Earth. That is so awesome. Is is a postcard?

POFQ hands down. I've stayed at both CSR and POFQ. CSR was way to spread out for my liking. We ended up in a room in Ranchos which is on the other side of the lake. It was a long walk to the front of the resort for breakfast or a quick snack. Wasn't too fond of the transportation either.

POFQ is small and easy to get around. Theming is wonderful. You are first on and first off on the buses. The boat ride to DTD is nice and relaxing. The only thing I miss is they closed the sit down restraunt a couple of years ago and never reopened it. Other than that, I love this resort. Can't wait until March!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter