Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace or Wyndham Bonnett Creek

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
Our total number going has recently changed for our upcoming trip at the end of next month. So now I'm debating between these two places. Both have lazy rivers and nice pool areas. Hilton-you can walk to Disney Springs, Wyndham-full kitchen and an extra bathroom, but would have to drive everywhere. I have both booked, so I need to make up my mind very soon.What would be your choice?

We used Wyndham for the 6 of us
The three bedroom two bath was great

we used private car service coming and going hotel to parks
So can’t help you with the personal driving question

There is 6 in my family and that's why we originally booked at Wyndham. Now there is only 4 of us going, which allows a little more flexibility with hotels. We are driving down, so we will have our own car. Not really a big deal to drive everywhere, you just can't walk to Disney Springs.

Our total number going has recently changed for our upcoming trip at the end of next month. So now I'm debating between these two places. Both have lazy rivers and nice pool areas. Hilton-you can walk to Disney Springs, Wyndham-full kitchen and an extra bathroom, but would have to drive everywhere. I have both booked, so I need to make up my mind very soon.What would be your choice?

HI, Do you mean Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Because they are two different hotels. Hilton LBVP has the lazy river, Hilton Orlando LBV doesn't, but is a closer walk to the Disney Spring entrance. I stayed in the Hilton Orlando this past March, it was a good hotel but I made sure to chose a refurbished room. I've heard the ones that aren't updated are pretty worn. It is literally a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs. I've never stayed at Hilton LBVP or Wyndham, so I can't comment on those. I do know all these hotel are in the same bus shuttle loop and that the Hilton Orlando is the first stop, meaning the bus can be filled already as they had (have?) Covid reductions, and you'd have to wait or Uber. I didn't bother with the shuttle tho, I either took Uber or walked to Disney Springs and took the bus from there.

Have a great trip!

HI, Do you mean Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Because they are two different hotels. Hilton LBVP has the lazy river, Hilton Orlando LBV doesn't, but is a closer walk to the Disney Spring entrance. I stayed in the Hilton Orlando this past March, it was a good hotel but I made sure to chose a refurbished room. I've heard the ones that aren't updated are pretty worn. It is literally a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs. I've never stayed at Hilton LBVP or Wyndham, so I can't comment on those. I do know all these hotel are in the same bus shuttle loop and that the Hilton Orlando is the first stop, meaning the bus can be filled already as they had (have?) Covid reductions, and you'd have to wait or Uber. I didn't bother with the shuttle tho, I either took Uber or walked to Disney Springs and took the bus from there.

Have a great trip!
The Palace one. I stayed there in June and it has the lazy river. I have not stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, so I was looking for those that have to compare the two.

Our total number going has recently changed for our upcoming trip at the end of next month. So now I'm debating between these two places. Both have lazy rivers and nice pool areas. Hilton-you can walk to Disney Springs, Wyndham-full kitchen and an extra bathroom, but would have to drive everywhere. I have both booked, so I need to make up my mind very soon. What would be your choice?

Wyndham has two lazy rivers, both small in comparison to Palace. My son enjoyed but us adults were meh. LOVE Wyndham, especially the space, laundry and kitchen. But would depend on how long you are staying and if you will use those amenities.

Also Palace has access to free shuttle bus to the parks, while Wyndham you have to make reservations and pay for the shuttle OR pay to park at parks. Can't beat having easy access to DS for dining etc IF you are setting aside time to do that.

Have a great trip!
OP has the name correct in the thread's title. It's Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace, not Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace. There is no LBVP. One has Lake in the name; the other has Palace in the name.

The advantage of Palace is that some of the party can go to Disney Springs if they want to.

At Bonnet creak or whereever everyone will be trapped on the same schedule.

OP has the name correct in the thread's title. It's Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace, not Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace. There is no LBVP. One has Lake in the name; the other has Palace in the name.

View attachment 594818
They must have recently changes the names. I was there in March and when I was booking the rez (back in Dec 20) the only way I could tell them apart online was the Orlando in one name, and the Palace in the other. But thanks for the correction!

Have a great trip!

They must have recently changes the names. I was there in March and when I was booking the rez (back in Dec 20) the only way I could tell them apart online was the Orlando in one name, and the Palace in the other. But thanks for the correction!

Unfortunately it is very confusing and the only differential is the word LAKE and the word PALACE. It is why everyone always asks on here to clarify because there they are across from each other, similar names but two different experiences and amenities. I wonder how many people get to check in and are disappointed because they accidently booked the wrong one.

Hilton calls them -

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace - Disney Springs Area

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area

One more point on the names.

The Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort that has 1-4 bedroom condominium units with full kitchens.

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a traditional hotel (no kitchen).

The 2 resorts are located on the same property and you can take advantage of all the amenities no matter if you're staying at the timeshare or the hotel.

One more point on the names.

The Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort that has 1-4 bedroom condominium units with full kitchens.

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a traditional hotel (no kitchen).

The 2 resorts are located on the same property and you can take advantage of all the amenities no matter if you're staying at the timeshare or the hotel.

Hotel's official name is Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek .... sadly no use of word hotel to differentiate.

Interesting part with these two is they do share amenities like all the pools, putt putt ... but not things like the parking or shuttle buses. When staying at either it is good to understand what comes with each.

And Hilton Bonnet Creek is now a Signia Resort … does that mean more expensive?

The Hilton Bonnet Creek has always been considerably more than the Disney Springs Hiltons. I think its just to differentiate the level of service you get, convention space, modern buildings, amenities like golf, signature dining, impressive lobbies, wellness and spa. So if you book Signia, you know there is a baseline of service you will get plus some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter