Hilton Head

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
I’m wondering if I should stay right on the beach at Hilton Head or stay at Disney DVC? Please give me your pros and cons. I have never been to Hilton Head at all. I’d like to walk to restaurants and things. Which one would be better for that please? Thank you.

We go to Hilton Head every year on vacation. I feel like there are better places to stay than the Disney resort, unless you have the points and need to use them. We always rent a condo in Palmetto Dunes (The Moorings is the name of the complex) and we love it - the beach access is just across the parking lot. We always drive to restaurants, but if you rent bikes, you could bike to tons of places. Lots of people also like to stay in the Coligny area because there are lots of restaurants/shops right there, but the beach is pretty crowded at that area.

We stayed at Disney's HH resort for the first time last year and loved it! The restaurants were a short walk from the resort. The beach house was a short drive or shuttle ride away. Would love to stay there again!

My parents live in Hilton Head (in Sea Pines Plantation) so I tend to visit frequently. Ive been to the Disney resort there a couple of times and it is in a good proximity to other popular spots on the Island outside of the resort.

I have stayed at the HHI DVC and at a couple of Marriott timeshares on the beach (Grande Ocean directly on the beach and Surfwatch, a short walk to the beach from at least one of the buildings). I'd much rather stay on the beach. Realistically, there are a number of great restaurants on the island and you'll do more driving* than walking. But if a little Disney means a lot to you, opinions vary...it is a nice, well maintained resort.

*due to local restrictions, be aware that signage may be difficult to spot at night - so make sure your nav software on your phone is ready to go...

If you stay at DVC Hilton Head will you be able to walk to all the restaurants? We like parking our car and not having to drive during our stay. I’d have no problem taking the bus to the beach club.

If you stay at DVC Hilton Head will you be able to walk to all the restaurants? We like parking our car and not having to drive during our stay. I’d have no problem taking the bus to the beach club.

Shelter Cove Harbor/Marina is within walking distance with places to shop, eat and some entertainment. It's very pretty to stroll around.

If you walk to the direction of Kroeger (supermarket), you will also find kids playground, restaurants and shops.

It does limit many other great restaurants in the area - but you will survive without a car if you need to. You can always rent bikes. Google Shelter Cove.

You could walk to the restaurants at Shelter Cove, but you would definitely be limiting yourself. There are over 200 restaurants on HHI. Unless you just really hate driving, there is nothing particularly stressful about driving on HHI.

We've stayed at N Forest Beach / Sea Pines and Palmetto Dunes.

We found the best location for renting a house where you want to walk or drive to restaurants and such to be N. Forest Beach.

Heading north from where all the shops and restaurants are, the streets are in alphabetical order by bird names.

Avocet, real close. Osprey, farther away.

We've stayed as far up as Night Hawk and the walk or bike ride was very doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter