Hilton Head Questions

dcannon101

Mouseketeer
We are leaving for HH on Saturday and noticed that there isn't a restaurant in the resort. Can you give me any good restaurants in the area? We like all kinds of food.

Thanks for your help.

There are lots of good to great restaurants in Hilton Head. They will give you a booklet with lists and some menus when you check in at the resort. There are four within easy walking distance (10 minutes). Unless you are getting in very late, you should have no problem.

Note, however, that the Disney Vacation Club Resort sign is temporarily down on the highway, so you'll need to turn in just opposite the Palmetto Dunes entrance. If you are arriving after dark, the signs / turns are not well marked on Hilton Head.

dcannon101 said:
We are leaving for HH on Saturday and noticed that there isn't a restaurant in the resort. Can you give me any good restaurants in the area? We like all kinds of food.

Thanks for your help.

Are you looking for family resturaunts, seafood, Greek, buffet? We've liked Cracker Barrel for breakfast, Hudson's, Capt. Seafood, and Cafe Europa (in Sea Pines). For Greek, we liked "It's Greek to Me". For German, "Hofsbrua". Haven't been but heard good things about Signe's, Sea Shack, Old Fort Pub (I think that's the name), the Jazz Co., Kenny Bs.

There is a HH restaurant thread somewhere on this board. We love Giuseppis for pizza and there are several places within walking distance. The Front desk will give you a list as well as a booklet. Some places give a small discount for DVC members. Nancy

Another vote for Giuseppe's. You can actually get to it w/o having to get on the main road.

There are several nice restaurants in the Shelter Cove Mariana. The Mexican restaurant...name escapes me...and Scott's Fish Market both have outdoor bars and live music. All 3 give DVC discounts, but you have to ask! Also, even though it may be "happy hour", you have to get your drinks from the bar for discounted beverages....the same one's your waiter/tress brings you may be full price.

For really good seafood, try the Old Oyster Factory. It's on the opposite side of Broad Creek.

Me too!!! I'll be checking in on sat as well. So if you see a woman chasing after 2 little boys looking like she could use a glass of wine....that would be me :rotfl: Ha.. Actually I'm hoping we all have a very relaxing week, okay I'm actually hoping Gigi and PopPop step in and take the kids out a couple nights so my DH and I can have a relaxing week :teeth: Well you get the idea. We are really looking forward to this trip. The last couple months have been rough and we could use a break.

By the way...we have lots of favorite places to eat so again if you see crazy woman chasing after 2 adorable little boys (good thing they are cute) stop meand I can point you to a few of our favorites. Places that are great with or without kiddos. Family friendly places we are good at however we usually sneak away a couple nights and have a couple favorite "grown up" places as well. Hope you have a great time in case we don't bump into each other

Here are three for your consideration:

KINGFISHER - Walk over the entry bridge and it's the restaurant on your left. She Crab soup was excellent; our salmon and mahi entrees were both very good. Entrees averaged about $20.
OCEAN GRILL - Just a stone's throw away over the marina water--you can see it tantalizingly close from the resort parking lot--but it's a good 10-15 minute walk since you have to meander around via sidewalks. Might be better to drive depending on the heat and your mood. Superb food, service, and ambience. Very nice wine list and an upscale, though not terribly expensive, menu. I had tuna sashimi for appetizer and DW had the escargot. Both were excellent, as were the halibut and flounder entrees. Avg. price for entrees around $23. We'll definitely return there next trip.
OLD OYSTER FACTORY - About a 15-20 minute drive, and well worth the effort. You can get directions from the front desk or use the maps provided with the check-in package. Again, a very good wine list and topnotch food. Great menu with plenty of selections. Wife had grouper and I had scallops with fettucini alfredo. Both were memorable. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DINE EARLY AS THIS PLACE FILLS UP QUICKLY AND STAYS PACKED, THOUGH IT DOES HAVE A LOT OF TABLES.

One last note, our DD4 enjoyed each of these restaurants, too, and she was treated well at all of them. :paw:

We just returned from HH late last night. We were only there four nights, but we ate supper out each evening. We ate at The Salty Dog one night and although I've heard here on the boards that most people say it is just average - we had very good food there. They were having a "shrimp fest" with some different entrees. DH and I both enjoyed choices from that list and enjoyed the tequilla shrimp and the Greek shrimp. Kids food was average kid menu fare. Our best meal was at the Old Oyster Factory. We both ordered the "nightly specials" and thought they were great. We splurged and had dessert there and the Marscapone Souffle and Creme Brulee were both excellent! We tried Hudson's one night and I had crab stuffed shrimp which was fine, but DH didn't really care for what he ordered (forget what it was, but it wasn't spicy enough). We arrived at Hudson's early and it got crowded really fast (even on a Monday night). Server was fine, but took way too long to get food! We tried Marley's Island Grille the last night we were there and it was good too! We were tired of seafood after three straight nights of it - so we went with a steak choice off of the nightly specials menu. Once again, everything was quite good. It was very crowded and we did have to wait quite a while for our food but I guess that was the way it was everywhere we went. We had breakfast & lunch in the room everyday, but I meant to get up and go to Signe's Bakery one morning - I just never made it. We really wanted to try the Sea Shack - but didn't know where it was. It's not listed in the restaurant magazine they give you at check-in and we'd forget to look it up in the yellow pages before we'd leave the villa. I guess we'll have to wait until the next time to try that.
Our family had a great trip - the weather was really nice two days and a bit cloudy and cooler two days - but the kids didn't really mind going to the beach or swimming in the cooler temperatures. Miniature Golf, biking, eating and sleeping - what more is there in life!!!!!!!!

Another vote for Guiseppe's pizza. THE BEST pizza we've had. We had our order delivered to our room without a problem. Hilton Head was very relaxing, have a great trip. :flower:

I've heard more than one bad review of Hudson's for dinner. We ate there for lunch, and really liked it then. Rachel Ray on the Food Network recommended it for dinner, but I'm not sure. The Sea Shack is off Pope Avenue, I think. That's another one Rachel Ray recommended.

To get to Sea Shack, turn left off the Sea Pines Circle (not really left, but 3/4 of the way around)....drive a bit, then turn left again where there's a sign on the corner for ResortQuest (can't remember the street name), drive about a half mile and it's on the left side of the road. It's a total dive, but the food was good (not over the top great, just good), but very reasonably priced. If want over the top great, go to Red Fish.

We especially loved Marley's...quirky kind of atmosphere and awesome food (plus there's an ice cream shop right beside it!!!) Hilton Head is wonderful and there is certainly no problem with finding a variety of good places to eat!
PS- If you are in the COLIGNY PLAZA area, be sure to stop by the bakery that is in the shopping area! Yummy breakfast pastries!

We had dinner at a tapas restaurant that was just fabulous. It was in a outdoor mall called northpoint or northside....northsomething!!! They had a listing in the restaurant book. If you don't know what a tapas restaurant is...they serve appetizer sized servings of the entree so you can try multiple "entrees". They run between $6 and $10 a plate. The average person would probably order two or three plates.

That resturaunt is called "Tapas" (I have the resturaunt book in front of me). We've never been there, but the menu looks interesting. We'll definitely have to try it next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter