Hilton Head 4/14, Some questions

annamcc

Earning My Ears
We are going to HH for the first time on 4/14. I checked the weather forecast and looks like temps will be in the 70's. For those of you that have been there, can we expect to take advantage of the beach then? I know the pools are heated, but how cold is the ocean. Any suggestions regarding what to do. It will be me dh, dd 12 almost 13, ds 10. Is there enough to do at the resort without leaving? Any suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks so much, Anna

My family has been to HH twice at this time and we will be there from the 14th til the 19th this year. Three years ago the weather was near 80 and we loved walking on the beach and wading in the ocean. We are not apt to "swim" in the ocean,but we did see some people doing it. I would think that the water was still on the cool side. Last year the temp was in the 60's the whole week . We still walked the beach (in our sweatshirts). We are hoping for warmer weather again this year. By the way, due to the golf tournament that week, we find the beach quite empty, everyone else seemed to be on the far end of the island for the golf. Have a great time !

The weather in spring is excellent for Hilton Head. Warm enough to play and hang-out on the beaches but the ocean water is a little to cold for my tastes. Get the bikes out and enjoy the island that way.

The Dolphin cruise would be fun for your kids, do take fleeces though because even if it's warm, on the boat the breeze will make you cold.

If they like horse riding you can do a beachside trail ride, the Pinckney Island NAtional Park will be FULL of migratory birds at that time of year. There is a small museum just before you get to the outlet mall that gives you a little of the islands history and wildlife information ( this will take about an hour to go round) and there is a crazy golf course in walking distance of the hotel.

Our first DVC trip is coming up and we too will be at HH from 4/14 - 4/19. We can't wait. My husband had them fax us this week's activities to give us an idea of what will be available, and there seems to be a lot to do. We also are coming from CT, the longest trip we've ever done with DS 11, DS 8, and DD 5. A friend is lending us her TV/VHS player. Hope to see you there!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

What were the activities/times you received in your fax? We are going in May, and want to get some idea of what's available when (altho I realize the schedule may change some).

You still have a shot at my treasure hunt...only had two to find it so far, which should leave two more chances.

Tommy

The list of activities for the week included Dolphin Discoveries, Resort Nature Walk, Secrets of the Marsh, Kayaking Trip, Butterfly Houses, Campfire, Bird Watching, Unbirthday Party, Gyotaku (Japanese Fish Printing), Goofy Bingo, Southern Snowball Fight, Cooking Club, Sweet Goodnights, Member "Behind the Ears" Tour, Pinckney Island Birding and Gator Adventure, Pirates of the Calibough, Music and Lore of the Low Country, Beach Nature Walk, Shadow's Tales, Magic in the Den, Kid's Night Out, and Disney Discovery Club. We got a fax with activities back in January, and this week's definitely has more things listed. Hope this helps.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter