• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton - Dowtown Disney

marymrg

DIS Veteran
I got it for $60/night on priceline today, September 1 and 2. I started out at $50 and worked my way up. I might have saved a few dollars if I waited longer but since this was my first priceline attempt, I'm happy. I was hoping to get the Hilton since I knew I would never get the S/Dolphin at this rate.

I stayed there last Wed & Thurs nights. It is pretty nice.
Do they call this hotel a 2* or 3?

According to priceline, it is under the resort category. I'm not sure how Hotwire rates it though.

I just paid $100 a night for a room there and thought it was well worth it. AAA rates it four diamonds, I'd agree it's a "low" four diamond hotel. Very convenient. The rooms aren't huge, but not small by any means. We had a king room which was spotless.

Anne

Thanks Anne for your review. We have passed it a 1000 times ;) but never checked out the inside. I'm taking my DS7 this trip and we will be staying there after two days at HRH at Universal. We will use this as our down time.........shopping at DTD and the water parks before we move on-site at WDW and go commando for a few days at Disney. (well, selective commando as we were just there in April)

Since it's just the two of us, we don't mind resort hopping every few days. Now if I had my teenagers with us and all of their stuff........that might be a different story!

There's a small snack shop/pantry in the lobby area which is open 24 hours with Starbucks, various snacks, candy, ice cream, juice, cereal, bread/PB/jelly, etc. Vrey convenient, and there's a few tables right outside to sit at and eat if you want.

Anne

I think $60 is kind of the bottom for a WDW resort on Priceline. Occassionally you get something lower, but....

I have stayed here on several priceline wins and it is a nice hotel.

You will love the cool aquariums behind the front desk- the rooms were clean- but the hallways on my floor (3) were always full of junk, paint cans, ladders... We had a junior suite but I thought it was a stretch calling it a suite. Very small.
We stayed at POFQ for 3 nights afterward and I way prefered it to the Hilton- but I would say you will get early entry and clean rooms and if you like DD you are nice and close.
(We were there for a convention so our rooms were free.)

Nice deal...we stayed there back in 2001 for $60 per night via PL and they were just starting to do their remodel of the rooms.

We signed up before hand with Hilton Honors and added it to our ressies...they were able to upgrade us to a nicer room (for Honor members) but they couldn't give us points because of PL.

The walk to DTD is do able even after a day at the parks...but I didn't like the Bus service to the parks...We had a rental car so we it instead.

Have Fun.

Would you agree that this is the nicest of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd? I've stayed at the Grosvenor before and thought that the Hilton appeared from the outside to be a step above the rest. Never been it though.

TheHilton would be the nicest. Wyndhams are also very nice properties, about on par with Hilton in this case.

Pretty much Hilton, Wyndham, Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin, Marriott are all about the same calibre. Of course there are some that are beter than others, as with any chains.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter