Hilton downtown Disney or Hilton Grand Vacation Club

josierac

DIS Veteran
We just received an offer for a 4 day/3nt stay at either of these Hiltons for $198 plus taxes.
For our family of 4 and includes 2 day passes to either Universal of Disney.

We know that we have to go on the tour of the HGVC but for this price we are thinking of going.
We are planning on going to Disney anyway and this might be a good add on to the beginning of our trip to make it a longer stay.

My question is which one should we stay at. We are going to take the Disney passes and are not going to Universal this trip.

What are the plus or minuses of both resorts?

Thanks

Hilton DD is a convenient hotel right down the street from DD. HGVC is a lovely resort about 10-15 minutes further from the Disney parks. Do you want to be closer to the parks or enjoy the facilities & amenities more? Therein you'll choose the best for you.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. If you don't mind me asking how could I go about getting the same deal?
thanks......

PAMFORDHAM

Hilton just called me with this deal. I must have filled something out. When I call them back to book it I will find out more info and if I can have you call them.

You can also look on their website www.hgvc.com

Did they tell you what room size you would get at HGVC?

I've stayed at a two-bedroom at HGVC. It was beautiful and spacious. (I actually went out and purchased a Marriott timeshare for different reasons after that -- there is no comparison with a regular hotel room.) We had a jacuzzi, three TVs, a VCR, complete kitchen, full dining room table, two screened porches, two full bathrooms, washer and dryer.

I don't know how old your kids are, mine were 4 and 7, but we did SeaWorld while we were there and Universal. (Seaworld is across the street. We did Seaworld in the morning for two days and Universal in the evening for two days. We used the buy one day get the second day free at Seaworld.) And it wasn't far to Disney either because we always rent a car. We don't like the buses at all. Plus, you can do your outlet shopping from there. To me, I'd rather tack on another ten minutes to be able to have my kids sleep in their own bedroom, and be able to reheat foods, and be able to easily do laundry!

Katherine

KProuty
They didn't say what size room we would have but I didn't ask yet either. They did say that we could stay at any Hilton in Orlando.

That is just it.... If I had the choice of staying in a two-bedroom timeshare condo like the HGVC or Marriott or any hotel room, I'd take the two-bedroom condo. I have stayed at the Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, and the Portofino. In each of these places I've spent the bucks to buy two hotel rooms so my kids could have a separate room. I'm done with it! I'm not spending a fortune for Disney hotel rooms any more! I've also stayed at the Boardwalk villas, one bedroom, which cost way more than the two-bedroom timeshares. (It did come with a kitchen, a pull-out couch, two TVs, and a jacuzzi.) No comparison, two-bedrooms are better! Although the Boardwalk Villas location might make up for it -- especially if you don't go to Disney that often. (And, as far as I am concerned, anything is better than the Wilderness Lodge Villa one bedroom!)

Call them and ask them if you would get the two bedroom! If they won't, I'm sure I could call Marriott and find out if they would offer you the two bedroom.

Katherine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter