Hilton Buena Vista Palace or Doubletree Suites at DS?

This is true- I LOVE staying in Island building here, but we never have a car. The one time we needed parking for some family it was a HIKE. I wouldn't choose it here if I had a car and planned on driving. Without a car it's fabulous, short walk to springs, nice bus to parks, great pool area. Much nicer than DT
The pool is def the winner of all the Disney Springs hotels - so if that is something that is important to someone's stay they won't find better.

And the Island is a winner with walking to Disney Springs. I've only stayed in the tower (a few times) and the walk to Disney Springs is not much better than most the other hotels.

And even in the tower the walk to your car is awful, especially if any kind of convention is happening. Too bad because this is really a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Thank you. The layout of the hotel is just too much walking. Parking is one of the big issues.
Yes, parking is my main issue here. The first time I stayed, I had my car with me and I drove up to the entrance, handed off my luggage and inquired about where to park. Was given instructions and I proceeded to the lot. As I was getting out of my car, I saw a valet drive down in a large golf cart. I stood by my car and watched this person drive all around the parking lot, avoided the row I was in and he drove back up to the hotel. Not sure why he did that as there was no one else in the lot and he never stopped, just drove all around. That hike uphill is no fun!
When I got up to the front of the hotel, the guy was standing there at the valet stand and I looked at him as I walked past and said, "thanks for the ride!"

I wish the DT had a laundry, that might seal the deal for me (I prefer to pack light!).

Double tree do have laundry room ( pay to use), however the last time we were there the payment communication system was not working (3 years ago)

Does anyone know how far is the walk from Doubletree to Disney Springs?
About 7/10 mile, 12 minute walk. We've done it a few times. Not bad (wide walks, shade trees, very safe) except when very hot but then none of the walks are enjoyable at that point. With BVP unless you are in the island you have a decent walk from the front door to the entrance to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter