Hilton Bonnet Creek - Questions about amenities

masonsmousermom

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I am sure there are answers to all of my questions in the 250+ pages when I search for Hilton Bonnet Creek but we are leaving in a few days on a relatively unexpected and unplanned conference trip and I'm trying to get a few questions answered to help me plan...something...before we leave. :)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

1. Can you rent bikes and if so, what are the fees? Do they offer bikes for kids with training wheels, surrey bikes, or a 3-wheeled bike?
2. Summerblast Weekends - Is this ONLY on the weekends that they offer these items listed on their calendar of events? It's a bit confusing because some options say "Friday", or "Sunday" but some say "Daily". https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/w...6/Summerblast-Calendar-of-Events-2019-web.pdf
3. Which of the paid Summerblast options would you recommend? We are bringing our 8 year old son.
4. Is there a shuttle between Hilton and Waldorf hotels or is it within fairly easy walking distance? We don't mind walking but we would prefer not to walk a mile each way.
5. Waldorf amenities that we would have access to - which would you recommend? Free preferably or anything paid that would be of interest to an 8 year old. (in other words, no spas or fancy dining)
6. Some of the Summerblast options say "reservations required" (ex. Junior Pizza Chef) - do I call the hotel directly for those things?
7. Is there a listing online somewhere that shows the cost of the Summerblast options that have the "$" beside them or do I just have to call and inquire about each thing?
8. Does the Disney transportation bus take us directly to Disney Springs or to the TTC?
9. The hotel website says the transportation runs continuously - but how often does it go to either Disney Springs or TTC?
10. What is the #1 cannot miss out on thing to do at the hotel aside from the pool?

I can answer a few of these questions.

4. Is there a shuttle between Hilton and Waldorf hotels or is it within fairly easy walking distance? We don't mind walking but we would prefer not to walk a mile each way.

Lobby to lobby, the distance is 1,380 feet (420 meters). That's about 0.26 miles (0.42 kilometers).

waldorf-hiltonbonnet-distance-bing.jpg

If those numbers don't mean much, here's the same distance as measured in Magic Kingdom. It's roughly the equivalent of going from the Main Street Train Station to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Station.

comparedistance-1380feet-magickingdom.jpg

All maps Courtesy Bing Maps.

8. Does the Disney transportation bus take us directly to Disney Springs or to the TTC?

For Magic Kingdom, the bus goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center. You will need to transfer to the monorail or ferry to reach the theme park.

For the other three theme parks, the bus goes to the charter bus area. These bus stops are not significantly further than the Disney Resorts bus stops. However, the charter bus stops do not have any shelter. If it's raining, you will get wet.

For Disney Springs, the bus goes to the West Side bus loop, which is located past the Cirque du Soleil theatre and House of Blues.

ds-westsidetransferstation.jpg
Note: West Side bus loop is labeled West Side Transfer Station on the above map.

9. The hotel website says the transportation runs continuously - but how often does it go to either Disney Springs or TTC?

The shuttle schedule is posted online. Unfortunately, they only show the next couple of days. That said, I don't think the schedule changes much.

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com/
One of the biggest drawbacks of the shuttles (in my opinion) is the huge gaps in the schedule. In the afternoon, there can be 2 hours between buses for some parks. Additionally, the buses to Disney Springs only happen in the evenings.

See my responses to your questions below corresponding to each number, hope this helps :)

1. YES, there are surrey-bikes available at the resort, last I checked they are complimentary
2. Summerblast Weekends - If the activity is only offered on select days then it will say it on the guide, if it says "daily" then that means it is offered daily including weekdays
3. Most of the Summerblast activities are complimentary, the paid services are mostly the spa items or kids club
4. Both the Hilton and the Waldorf are ATTACHED via the convention center which is sandwiched between both hotels, it is very walkable and you can actually walk through the convention center via an air-conditioned indoor walkway, if you prefer not to walk there is a complimentary golf cart shuttle at the main entrance of each hotel that goes between both.
5. As a Hilton guest you would have access to all of the restaurants/bars/lounges, spa, golf club, and lobby areas at the Waldorf, however, you will not be able to use their pool as the Waldorf pool is designated for Waldorf guests only, I believe the only exception would be if you purchase a spa package or if you are dining at Aquamarine the poolside restaurant. For a child the only interesting option I can think of at the Waldorf would be the Kids Club (there is a cost for this), unfortunately luxury hotels normally have limited appeal for children.
6. Yes call the hotel directly to reserve, you call also book in-person once you are there via the concierge
7. Once again you would have to call as they do not seem to disclose pricing online
8. The transportation motor coach service goes directly to Epcot, Animal Kingdom, DHS, Disney Springs, and TTC (access to MK)
9. See this website for exact times by date: http://www.bonnetshuttle.com
10. Definitely walk around the resort and over to the Waldorf, the sunrises in the morning over the golf course are beautiful and the convention and lobby levels provide beautiful views of this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter