Hilton Anaheim to Disney Hotels

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
We're headed to Disneyland at the end of August for a convention which will be held at the Hilton Anaheim. We definitely want to stay at a Disney hotel and having stayed at the Grand Californian before I was planning on going back there. When we got the convention info, however, they have 3 hotels suggested, the Hilton Anaheim, Coast Anaheim, and Disney's Paradise Pier. The rate for Paradise Pier is $160/night so when I saw that I thought maybe we should skip the GC and stay there.

My deciding points will be on how far a walk it will be from PP to the Hilton and how far it is from Paradise Pier to Disneyland. I know they have a 'back entrance' to DCA, but how long will it take me to get to Disneyland? My mom will be walking to the Hilton for the meetings by herself and I'll be going to DL and DCA with my then 6 month old daughter. My mom doesn't mind walking, but doesn't want to have to go further than necessary to get to and from the meetings. Hopefully she'll like using a stroller by then, but if not then I'll be carrying her in the Baby Bjorn. After having done that with her in WDW in May and June, I know how much I just wanted to get to the room at the end of the day so if the walk is much further, then we'll just go for the GC, rather than PP.

Also, the convention is August 27-28 and we plan to add 3 days to the trip. We would be better off crowd wise to add them before the 27 or after the 28? We have to arrive on the 26th at the latest so my mom can be at her convention the morning of the 27th, so right now we're thinking of the 25-30th, but we're still flexible so any insight would be appreciated.

Hi,

This picture was taken from our balcony at the Coast. The Hilton isn't shown in the picture but is just to the left. If you look at the two towers straight ahead, the one on the left is PP. So it's not real close to the Hilton. You can vaguely see the GC in the center of the picture. Hope that helps.

I would add the extra days before hand which would be weekdays. The 29th is a Sunday which can be pretty crowded.

:wave:Howdy!
I also have a photo taken from the balcony of the Coast, hee hee, I just had to post it also :) The Coast is the most affordable option, and is very very close to the Hilton. Great pool area, I love it. When we stay at the Coast, we walk onto Disney property through the Katella pedestrian entrance, and take the Lion King tram to the main gate.

I find the walk to Disneyland prohibitive from the PP. The "private" entrance to DCA is fun though.

If you stay at the PP the fastest way to get to the Hilton/ConventionCenter area is to take a cab, $5-6 with tip from the PP lobby. (done that many times staying at the Coast)
... Even if you end up staying at the GC, walk across the street to the PP for the cab, and your fare will be less due to no-U-turn streets making it a longer cab ride.

Coast Balcony View Pre-ToT

Have a great trip!!

So the walk is that bad from PP to DL? We stayed at the GC in 3/2001 and I thought that location was great, but we never visited PP so I didn't realize how much further it was. If we end up at PP and don't take a cab to the Hilton, about how bad is that walk? It says that the Hilton is 2 blocks from DL which is what made me think it's a walkable distance. Is Coast a nice hotel? I've never seen, only having been to DL 2x. I really wanted the GC, and we can afford to spend the money but the lower cost options make them more appealing and hard to justify the extra money at the GC.

The GC is a luxury resort, and much much nicer than the Coast. The Coast runs anywhere from 59-89 a night, but its very close to the convention center & Hilton. I enjoy the room service at the Coast, and the pool area (no slide for kids) and of course the balcony view, ask for a north facing room.

There is no way that i know of to "cut through" DCA to get the to convention center from the GC. I guess you would have to walk all the way down to Katella and over.

If money wasnt an object, I would stay at the GC, and have mom take a cab over to her meetings. Once she gets a feel for the direction and distance, she can walk if she wants to.... but that way you will be closer to the parks.

Hope that helps

50-89/night!?!?! Our convention rate is $140! I can't believe how much more we have to pay! The Hilton is sold out which is why we're not just staying there (in case I didn't mention that). Her company will give her money for the hotel each night, and if we stay at Coast or PP the hotel is fully covered, but at the GC we'd probably have to add in our own money to cover the rest, which isn't a bad deal which is why I was initially thinking of staying there. If we go with Coast though, I'm definitely making my own reservation if it's that much cheaper!

Also, I noticed the the Hilton has a shuttle to and from the parks. Is it possible to take this shuttle from the park to the Hilton for the meetings? Or do you have to be a Hilton guest?

Check online for the Coast prices.... could be more, but i've personally never paid more than $89 even during peaks seasons, I have always booked online at travelocity.

If you have ART passes, you can ride any of them wherever. So yes, your mom could take the ART from the Disneyland shuttle area, to the Hilton.

Here is the Anaheim Resort Transit website...
http://www.rideart.org/

Route E goes to the Hilton & convention center
Route C goes to the Coast & convention center

The walk from the PP to the shuttle area is almost the entire "east-west" width of the disneyland resort. GC is a bit closer to the shuttles, but either way, it will take several minutes to walk thru DtD and then onto the shuttle area, then leave time to wait for the bus, and then onto the hotels. It might be just as fast for her to walk down to Katella and east toward the Hilton. A cab from the PP would be the fastest way from the GC or PP, in case she's running late.

I'm itching for a quick trip to Disneyland!!!
:sunny: Fun in the Sun!:sunny:

Since you will be carrying your baby around, you should stay at the Grand Californian... . You will want to rest and take naps & change her and baby stuff, and the GC is the very very closest hotel to both parks. :sunny:

We are staying at the Hilton this week and the walk to the parks isn't too bad but I wouldn't want to do it a lot. There is a walkway to the Timon parking lot and you can take the tram from there to the entrance. I'm not sure where Paradise Pier is from there. The shuttles from the Hilton cost $3 per person round trip so that can add up. We'll be here until Tuesday then we move to the Grand Californian for 4 nights. We were lucky - we got a rate of $74 a night at the Hilton for a futsal tournament.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter