Hilaria Baldwin

emer95

DIS Veteran
Anyone else following this drama?
I barely knew who she was before this evening, but my daughter told me about a Twitter thread claiming that she has been faking her Spanish accent and was actually born in Boston. I’m not sure how to link a Twitter thread here, but she’s trending!
Curious to hear what people think.
I’m not usually one to get caught up in “celebrity” drama, but what the heck. I don’t have to work tomorrow so I went down a Twitter rabbit hole. I even had to take a break to get snacks.

I have always thought something was very wrong with this woman. She is always crying that she has been "shamed" for something. Body shamed. Mommy shamed. Miscarriage shamed. Breast feeding shamed. The list goes on. And she seeks attention every minute of every day.

Watch the video to see how she pretends to forget how to say the word "cucumber" in English:rotfl2:

I wonder what mental illness Alec Baldwin has to be going along with this.

There are a lot of signs I'm getting to "a certain age." Today's is I had no idea who Hilaria Baldwin was or why I should care until Twitter decided I needed to know.

Twitter was wrong.
I've had an odd interest in Alec Baldwin for years. It always amazed my how he could bounce back so well from his disgusting verbal abuse towards his 11 year old daughter.

It seems like his new wife is a perfect fit for him.

I've had an odd interest in Alec Baldwin for years. It always amazed my how he could bounce back so well from his disgusting verbal abuse towards his 11 year old daughter.

DW actively dislikes him but we watched his 2 episodes of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix and she thought he was hilarious. She's someone who has a hard time separating the art from the artist so the fact she enjoyed those episodes says a lot about his talent (I think).

DW actively dislikes him but we watched his 2 episodes of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix and she thought he was hilarious. She's someone who has a hard time separating the art from the artist so the fact she enjoyed those episodes says a lot about his talent (I think).
I love that series, but intentionally skipped him. Perhaps I will give him a chance and watch.

...and Hilaria is the perfect name for her because this all must be some kind of joke.

I'm finding the racial aspect of this controversy to be a bit odd and seeking to make more drama. The articles mention repeatedly that she's really a "white" girl and some have equated her to Rachel Dolezal and that she was appropriating Latina culture.

I'm not denying that it's bizarre and ridiculous that someone would pretend to have a different background, but I don't see how she was pretending to be a different "race". Spaniards are white Europeans. If she was faking a British or German accent, and it was uncovered that she was really an American, would anyone say "Ha, we caught you. You're really just a white girl".

I'm finding the racial aspect of this controversy to be a bit odd and seeking to make more drama. The articles mention repeatedly that she's really a "white" girl and some have equated her to Rachel Dolezal and that she was appropriating Latina culture.

I'm not denying that it's bizarre and ridiculous that someone would pretend to have a different background, but I don't see how she was pretending to be a different "race". Spaniards are white Europeans. If she was faking a British or German accent, and it was uncovered that she was really an American, would anyone say "Ha, we caught you. You're really just a white girl".

I agree with you on this one. I'm a VERY WHITE Hispanic woman. I'm Puerto Rican, with German and Spanish (from Spain) ancestors who went to Puerto Rico in the 1800s and then intermarried with island natives. My paternal grandmother was an Irish woman who married a Puerto Rican man. I got ALL the northern European genes. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin. I'm most definitely white. Interestingly, my husband is 100% Puerto Rican. He is ALSO considered white, even though he has a much darker complexion that I do. There are only like 6 races. If you aren't Black or Asian or some type of Native descendant, you're White/Caucasian.

As far as Hilaria goes, this isn't super complicated. She cultivated a persona that sounds exotic because it makes her more interesting. She is probably a really boring and dull person and wanted to have "something extra" to make her stand out for attention. It's a pretty common thing that attention seekers do.

There are a lot of signs I'm getting to "a certain age." Today's is I had no idea who Hilaria Baldwin was or why I should care until Twitter decided I needed to know.

Twitter was wrong.
I'm not on twitter nor do I follow anyone. Barely on Facebook with some friends and family members as 'friends'. Saw this on the morning news show. Honestly don't care in the slightest about this person or her ethnic claims.

I agree with you on this one. I'm a VERY WHITE Hispanic woman. I'm Puerto Rican, with German and Spanish (from Spain) ancestors who went to Puerto Rico in the 1800s and then intermarried with island natives. My paternal grandmother was an Irish woman who married a Puerto Rican man. I got ALL the northern European genes. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin. I'm most definitely white. Interestingly, my husband is 100% Puerto Rican. He is ALSO considered white, even though he has a much darker complexion that I do. There are only like 6 races. If you aren't Black or Asian or some type of Native descendant, you're White/Caucasian.
Well now it’s coming out that her mother is a 4th generation Massachusetts resident and her fathers side of the family has been in Massachusetts since the Revolutionary war. Her parents retired to Spain, but never actually lived there (or it seems had any ethnicity from there) prior to 2011. The story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

And I think the issue some are taking with it is the fact that she has posted in the past that she was racially stereotyped due to being Spanish, when it’s now turning out she’s not at all Spanish.

Because money was tight growing up, my sister and my orthodontic work was done at a local dental school. One of the orthodontic students I saw was from Mexico City. He had curly blonde hair and blue eyes. We didn't realize he was Mexican until he opened his mouth. The reason why I remember him was that he looked like a younger version of the 6th Doctor from Doctor Who.

My best friend's dad is from Nigeria and her mom is from Columbia. She spent several years growing up on her grandparents' farm there. It's tough for her because a lot of people only see her as African American when she views herself as Latina and African.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter