Highway in the Sky Dine Around ever coming back?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard anything about this coming back? I first heard of it right before everything shut and never got to do it. I know we can do it on our own but I liked the way Disney had it and the fireworks viewing and all

We had a very poor experience with this. Wasn't well organized at all and very very rushed. Drinks and snacks were meh. Wouldn't do it again personally. Maybe they'll learn from it and address the issues (the biggest of many glitches which was completely forgetting our entire table at Citricos and moving on to the Contemporary without eight of us). Probably the worst ticketed event we've ever done at WDW, with Villains After Hours being right up there with it.

Last edited:
Hopefully. I have asked numerous sources several times, but nobody has spoke of it since shutdown. It was worth every penny and was such a unique experience.

Has anyone heard anything about this coming back? I first heard of it right before everything shut and never got to do it. I know we can do it on our own but I liked the way Disney had it and the fireworks viewing and all
I doubt anyone here knows. We did it on our anniversary trip in 2017 and had a great time.

We did it in 2019--loved it & would do it again in heart beat! A great concept & execution. Well organized, the food was very good (better than the regular menu items) & the drinks / desserts watching the MK fireworks was a great way to end the experience. Hope they bring it back soon...

And that might be the answer. If it was worth every penny to guests then it was likely not worth it to Disney monetarily (and staffing) to continue it.

"Worth every penny" doesn't necessarily mean the guest was saving money doing this. It can just mean that even though it was pricy, the experience was worth it. I don't know enough about this to say if it was worth it to Disney or not, but I wouldn't assume it isn't back because Disney lost money on it.

"Worth every penny" doesn't necessarily mean the guest was saving money doing this. It can just mean that even though it was pricy, the experience was worth it. I don't know enough about this to say if it was worth it to Disney or not, but I wouldn't assume it isn't back because Disney lost money on it.
Okay .....

This event was worth every penny monetarily. Disney could make much more money if guests just paid the going price for these items and they wouldn't have to hire the multiple additional staff OR offer the free valet parking.

The event pretty much saved you about 50% off the price of the food/drink alone with the fireworks viewing. Even more money was lost to Disney with the lower gratuity (approx $40 per person lost). There are the CMs at the three dining locations that had to commit some time to coordinate the group, the touring CMs, the Champagne & Cheese/Charcuterie CMs and the Fireworks Dessert event CMs.

Last edited:
I hope it comes back. we had it booked the year everything shut down. It just looks like a really fun time and hoping it comes back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter