High School Graduation Gifts

deirdrefitch

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I need a few ideas for buying graduation gifts for boys and girls graduating from high school with my son. How much do you think is appropriate to spend? You are all great!
Thanks!

Money is always the big gift around here. One of my favorite gifts is a phone card (about $22 at Sam's Club). It doesn't matter where they go or what they're doing, they can always use a phone card.

Picture frames are great, also, especially popular with girls. One friend put together a "survival kit" for my son, with bandaids, tylenol, a flashlight, wind-up clock, etc.

HTH
Edie

Phone cards are great gifts. Stationary and postage stamps are also nice. Money and gift cards are always appreciated especially when it comes time to shop for college supplies.

Having had 2 already graduate from high school and one just graduating from college..........what they REALLY want is MONEY!!

They will be polite about everything else, but $$$ is best.

I loved the gift certificates I got from Barnes and Noble and Amazon -- especially Amazon, since there are so many things you can buy!

I tend to fritter away cash when I get it, and I know a lot of my friends did that with most of their graduation money. Because of all of the gift cards I got, I had something to show for it and concrete things to remember people by. (Instead of writing a thank you note like "Thanks for the money. I got some ice cream, and a couple of meals at Sonic and Panera. They were great!" ;))

If you are looking for a more personal gift Things Remembered (a store in a lot of malls) has some very nice engravable gifts, such as picture frames, diploma holders, etc. Very nice and something that will probably be kept for a long time. I also agree with the others though, when in doubt money is always a good option!

It sounds as though you are buying at least 3-5 gifts for your son's friends, right? This could definitely get pricey, plus you have your own DS graduating...... I really think you wouldn't want to spend more than $10-20, am I right? And if you are wanting to give a little something for a lot of kids, I'd be leaning more towards the $10.00 figure.

I would suggest a nice photo frame for the girls - Target has some really nice ones for around $7-8 dollars. A gift certificate from Panera's Bread or some other casual dining establishment would be good for the guys.

I don't often mention my online business but once in awhile a thread pops up where I feel I must let people know about it.

Check out this link: Personalized Graduation Gifts

Now, if anyone decides to order, put "mickey" (no quotes and all lowercase) in the Magic Key field when checking out. You'll receive a 5% discount off your order.

Hope you find it helpful. :smooth:

And speaking of $$$$, just how much is appropraite for a HS graduation? I was thinking $40-50???

Some of my favorite gifts (this was a LONG time ago) were:
--a make up kit/carrier with my name stitched into it - I still use it!!!
--a small, clip-on lamp that I brought to the college dorm with me
--a small, clip-on fan that I brought to the college dorm with me
--a very nice, thick beach towel along with a small, clear beach tote with sunscreen, chapstick, etc. (beach accessories) in it that I brought on our senior trip. It was a very nice beach towel and I used it several summers after that....I basically wore it out.

Of course, I loved the gifts of money too!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter